Kia Forum banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
USA 2021 Kia Sorento, SX X-Line Green Rust
131 Posts
They wouldn't take it off, and they lowered the price of the options to like 399. But I still didn't want them. I personally don't like my brake lights flashing when I step on the brakes. In the end, I just left that dealership, and found one that took off all the dealer installed stuff.
It cost them like 30 bucks max

·
Registered
2021 Sorento S 2.5 GDI USA
85 Posts
Your not allowed to have that in New York. You could be mistaken for an emergency vehicle. Of coarse your not allowed to have license plate frames but all the dealers put them on anyway and I don't recall anyone getting sighted for having one. I like the people who install on thier cars the beeper mod so your car starts beeping when your in reverse. It's bad enough trucks sound like they are alien spacecraft but not cars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was charged $400 and some odd dollars extra for the pearl white factory paint. When I spotted this I walked around the dealer floor and every single vehicle regardless of color had a separate charge for what was referred to as a premium paint or color. I wonder if you can get free primer gray and paint it yourself. I am sure one of the moderators will chime in with a perfectly logical explanation. Maybe it is just me but I never remember a separate charge for paint.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,056 Posts
LOL, it's 2021. been happening for years!!!! but normally just for a few colors. The Santa Fe only has a charge for white!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Shows you how long ago I bought a car from a dealer. Good to hear njerald set me straight. I learned another valuable lesson.

Just don't tell my wife 😬

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think I will ask Scotti Kilmer how long dealers have been charging extra for paint. I am not talking pinstripe or anything fancy I am talking just ordinary paint.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento Hybrid EX White/Black
20 Posts
The auto manufactures charge for different paint colors. Many only have a few colors that do not have additional charges and then everything else does. That charge is on your window sticker.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,056 Posts
before 2017............

·
Registered
Considering 2021 Sorento X-Line AWD
9 Posts
Here's where I landed on price:

2021 Sorento X-Line AWD.

MSRP: $44,095 (only options are floor mats for $210, and a rear bumper cover for $120).

Negotiated Price: $41,000.

Doc Fee: $199.

Out-the-door Price: $41,199.

Here in Missouri, we pay our taxes when we title our vehicle at the DMV.

I sold my previous car for $39,000, so I'll only pay taxes on the difference ($41k - $39k = $2k, so roughly 9% on $2k, or $180 in taxes, total :)).

Not sure if this is the best deal possible, but this was the best deal I could negotiate across several dealers within my area.

I negotiated everything via email. I learned my lesson a long time ago to NEVER set foot into a Kia dealership to negotiate.

Hope this helps others!

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here's where I landed on price:

2021 Sorento X-Line AWD.

MSRP: $44,095 (only options are floor mats for $210, and a rear bumper cover for $120).

Negotiated Price: $41,000.

Doc Fee: $199.

Out-the-door Price: $41,199.

Here in Missouri, we pay our taxes when we title our vehicle at the DMV.

I sold my previous car for $39,000, so I'll only pay taxes on the difference ($41k - $39k = $2k, so roughly 9% on $2k, or $180 in taxes, total :)).

Not sure if this is the best deal possible, but this was the best deal I could negotiate across several dealers within my area.

I negotiated everything via email. I learned my lesson a long time ago to NEVER set foot into a Kia dealership to negotiate.

Hope this helps others!

Thanks!
Wow good job ! Jersey dealers are not that generous!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys! I made the jump and just joined the Sorento family tonight. I got the SX X-Line in Aruba Green. Got it for 40,218 before ttl and no dealer options. It was a super smooth transaction. I was surprised because I negotiated through text and they pretty much had the paperwork drawn up when I got there. I just had to take the deal, since there were like only 5 dealerships in Socal that had the green, and they all wanted msrp minus the 500 rebate.
Hey which dealership did you get your xline from? I'm in socal and that price and color is what I'm hoping to get! Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Sorento Sx X-Line
8 Posts
Hey which dealership did you get your xline from? I'm in socal and that price and color is what I'm hoping to get! Thanks!
I got it from downtown LA. I actually just bought a K5 last weekend from them too. They have consistently been the most reasonable dealership to work with for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got it from downtown LA. I actually just bought a K5 last weekend from them too. They have consistently been the most reasonable dealership to work with for me.
Thanks I'm going to reach out to them! Do you recall what your out the door price was? Did you get any extras included? And how are you liking your car so far?

·
Registered
2021 Sorento Sx X-Line
8 Posts
Thanks I'm going to reach out to them! Do you recall what your out the door price was? Did you get any extras included? And how are you liking your car so far?
I paid 45k otd. That included about 4.2k for taxes, and 600 for DMV and fees. No dealer options. Just the mats and cargo net from the factory. Love the car so far. Keep in mind though, that when I went down there last week, they didn't have any more x-lines. They had 6 of them when I bought the Sorento last month though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's a pic of my deal, in case anyone wants to use this to negotiate their deal.

Interestingly enough, I bought this Sorento from a dealership that had 2 Kia dealership locations roughly 120 miles apart from each other. I reached out to both locations. One refused to go any lower than $42,500 out-the-door, while the other agreed to my $41,000 out-the-door price right away, for the exact same vehicle. :unsure:

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here's a pic of my deal, in case anyone wants to use this to negotiate their deal.

Interestingly enough, I bought this Sorento from a dealership that had 2 Kia dealership locations roughly 120 miles apart from each other. I reached out to both locations. One refused to go any lower than $42,500 out-the-door, while the other agreed to my $41,000 out-the-door price right away, for the exact same vehicle. :unsure:
Did you do a trade in ? I’ve always felt that added another factor to the equation

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you do a trade in ? I’ve always felt that added another factor to the equation
No, I did not have a trade. I sold my previous car via private party. I'll pay off the loan with Kia the moment it appears on their website. I only financed so that I could get the $500 rebate.

·
Registered
'21 Kia Sorento SX Prestige, FWD, Gravity Gray, 2.5L Turbo
20 Posts
Seems like a stellar deal honestly.
I would offer about 8% below sticker. You might have to get up and walk out a couple of times, but a hungry dealer will comply. If not, find another dealer. Another great deal is to use TrueCar and stand firm with the deal they give you. Dealer will most likely accept the deal, but will try very hard to sell you add-ons to enhance their profit. I never buy add-ons.
I always leave as a happy camper!

Reactions: gustafson
161 - 180 of 205 Posts