Kia Forum banner

201 - 205 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
3 Posts
Yup microtrip shortage is what they are saying will only push to MSRP or higher for the short term. We paid sticker but did get more for trade-in than typically.

·
Registered
2020 MQ4 Kia Sorento GT Line
17 Posts
Thanks!! The stitching looks really classy. And your version has the ambient lights as well!. Jealous
Thanks. Just wish the ambient lighting was also in the footwells, but I think I'll just buy the kit off Amazon which has been mentioned in the mods forum, it looks good.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige FWD
1 Posts
If you are in the market for a Sorento SX Prestige in the Sacramento, CA area...hold on to that wallet. My wife and I were looking at Tellurides, but we said no way to a $5000 markup over MSRP. I did a 200 mile search and did find one dealer in the SF bay area doing $2700 over MSRP. Since that was still too high and since we had a 2017 Sorento, we were curious about the new 2021s. We did a test drive and my wife loved it. Luckily I did my research. The same bay area dealer doing the $2700 markup on the Telluride had no markup on a white SX Prestige they had in stock. Our local dealers are marking up those $4000-5000 over. The one we wanted was Sapphire Blue with a MSRP of $42,375.

At negotiation time, I told the sales mgr that I needed no markup as one of my requirements. He looked at me like I was fool and said I was egregious. LOL. I said yeah, I can drive 1 1/2 hours and save $5000. They came back with $2500 over and I laughed. Reminded him our current car was a 2017 with 45,000 miles and this was a want, not a need. They caved in with no markup and gave us above KBB on our trade in (used car shortage worked to our advantage) and I caved in on asking to remove the $800 LoJack they said was mandatory.

BTW, a few days after the sale, I found the following on the dealership website. "The advertised price excludes the purchase of this anti-theft system, which can be purchased for an additional cost or removed from the vehicle at the time of sale." Basically I was lied to. The mgr I complained to said he didn't know that. Even with proof, they mentioned mandatory. I filed a claim with the BBB. If that fails, next stop is the Office of the California State Attorney General. Sorry about this long essay, hehe.

·
Registered
'21 Prestige SX
21 Posts
I ended up paying around 39500 USD before TTL and dealer fee for a white SX Prestige. I wanted a blue bit couldn't find one. I think I got an okay deal I had to travel a few hours to this dealership, so I think they knew I really wanted this car so less room to move. Which can be a benefit or con depending on how hard dealerships need to move. Didn't negotiate too much on my trade in which I should have done.

Going to dealership is draining. I got the out the door price which I recommend which will save a bit of time through email.

I am assuming the 2022 models will come out a few months? Which might be better to wait to get a deal but who knows as I have seen used Tellurides selling above MSRP:eek:.

Might have got a Telluride but they seem much harder to find. Probably lot less discount which the sorento is already top of the budget. Only two things lacking imo is dual pane windows for quieter ride, as I hear lots of tire noise. And also AWD SX Prestige. End rant.

201 - 205 of 205 Posts