Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be great for potential buyers to have an idea of the prices paid to negotiate upon, if new owners can share the out the door prices paid for their 2021 Sorentos, thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
HI

I would like to know too , when some deals and incentives come out. In market for SX Prestige.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX Gravity Blue
76 Posts
I paid sticker ($38205) on a 2021 Sorento Hybrid EX. They would not budge at all. No factory incentives with it being so new either.
The wireless Apple CarPlay is driving me nuts. But on the plus sign, I’m at 40 mpg on a big 3-row crossover!

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,016 Posts
I use Truecar.com prices as a starting point for dealer quotes.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
2021 SX Prestige X-Line AWD - $500 off sticker, but essentially think of that as them throwing in the wheel locks, cargo net and carpet mats. They were not going to move any more than that.

I did get about $1000 over Blue Book on my trade.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line (Aruba Green w/ Rust interior)
29 Posts
Edmunds suggests paying over MSRP. Is this legit? Are they selling that well already?

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
402 Posts
Wow, I'm glad I went for a 2020, almost waited for a 2021, but I really did want the V6 and not a turbo-4. Also, the new ones don't have the seat memory or the HomeLink mirror, both options that I wanted. With the dealer throwing in over $2,500 and the Kia incentives of $5,500, I got it for a bit more than $8,000 off the sticker. The only thing it didn't have that I wanted was LED headlights, and the wireless Android Auto. I fixed the headlights for a couple hundred bucks, and I'm hopeful that AA Wireless comes through with the Android Auto wireless adapter, I signed up for their Indiegogo campaign.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I see some dealer discounts around St. Louis, MO, around $3K.
That’s a solid deal. I’m in New York and there’s one dealer that has $500 off and that’s the highest discount I’ve seen around here.

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Edmunds suggests paying over MSRP. Is this legit? Are they selling that well already?
Edmunds is clueless. Always try truecar.com for a starting point...

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Get the Hybrid instead. You’ll save $2k off sticker $38k vs $40k, and you’ll save a ton at the pump 37 mpg vs 24. You get 225 more miles per tank! 650 vs 424
and with the Hybrid you will give up many of the X line features because of the 2 stripper trims......

Reactions: dineshkumart1990

·
Registered
76 Posts
and with the Hybrid you will give up many of the X line features because of the 2 stripper trims......

Depends on your priority I suppose. Less expensive overall = a few less features but you save a ton at the pump. Not everyone wants/needs all the features included on the SX or wants to pay that much. 🤷🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
55 Posts
Wow, I'm glad I went for a 2020, almost waited for a 2021, but I really did want the V6 and not a turbo-4. Also, the new ones don't have the seat memory or the HomeLink mirror, both options that I wanted. With the dealer throwing in over $2,500 and the Kia incentives of $5,500, I got it for a bit more than $8,000 off the sticker. The only thing it didn't have that I wanted was LED headlights, and the wireless Android Auto. I fixed the headlights for a couple hundred bucks, and I'm hopeful that AA Wireless comes through with the Android Auto wireless adapter, I signed up for their Indiegogo campaign.
Yeah I got aver 9k off of MSRP on my 2019 SX, combining factory incentives and dealer discounts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have my eyes on a X line at $ 40,346 before taxes at IL. Wat do u all think?

View attachment 116945
Seems like a stellar deal honestly.
I’d agree. I’d take that deal.

I think what we are seeing is that even the dealers aren’t sure how sales will go with the Sorrento - some are discounting like other models in the range, while some are holding out hoping they have another Teluride.

If you are worried about potentially overpaying, I’d hold out a month or two to let things settle down if your dealer is currently unwilling to discount.

As for the hybrid vs X-Line discussion, depends what your priorities are. In our case, we don’t do enough miles to be really bothered by mileage - the power of the 2.5T and trim level availability were more important. If the plug in was available, that might have swayed us but I think we got the right vehicle for us. YMMV obviously.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’d agree. I’d take that deal.

I think what we are seeing is that even the dealers aren’t sure how sales will go with the Sorrento - some are discounting like other models in the range, while some are holding out hoping they have another Teluride.

If you are worried about potentially overpaying, I’d hold out a month or two to let things settle down if your dealer is currently unwilling to discount.

As for the hybrid vs X-Line discussion, depends what your priorities are. In our case, we don’t do enough miles to be really bothered by mileage - the power of the 2.5T and trim level availability were more important. If the plug in was available, that might have swayed us but I think we got the right vehicle for us. YMMV obviously.
That listings off the market nw...missed it 😅

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX-Prestige X-Line
47 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
1 - 20 of 102 Posts