Kia Forum banner

181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Kia Sorento SX Prestige, FWD, Gravity Gray, 2.5L Turbo
20 Posts
i see it as green, but then again im the owner! I think a few people see grey in specific lighting
It could also be that some people have some form of color blindness.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got it from dtla. They were one of the only dealerships that honored the price they quoted me online. I went to Van Nuys, Cerritos, Huntington Beach, Temecula, El Cajon, and Covina Valley. They almost all bait and switched. Glendale honored their price quote, but wanted me to buy their brake pulse system option that they didn't want to take off, because they prewire it into the car.
Same for me, but I made them (Glendale Kia) deduct the cost for the brake pulse system. That's a BS add-on to enhance dealer profit.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorrento Hybrid EX Aurora Black, 2016 Kia Soul +
7 Posts
Paid Sticker price 37,950 for EX Hybrid.
They are super scarce in my area, dealers never have any in stock and the last few that came in to dealers were sold in 1 or 2 days.
I bought mine one day after it came in.
Didn’t bother haggling on the price, only had floor mats added. But I did negotiate them to give me $500 more than the original offer on my 2012 Forte trading in.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX 2.5L
1 Posts
2021 Graphite Grey, SX FWD $36,400 Pre tax cost. (Temecula CA) Dealer had a 43K price on the window. it Included a dealer mark up. (Dream on) After they called me the next day I verified with about 8 dealers what the best price was. It matched other dealers best price. I was hoping for a Prestige package but had to remove some expectations. The same vehicle with AWD and prestige package came with the 12.5 digital infotainment system which ended up $100 per month more... I had to draw the line.

·
Registered
2020 MQ4 Kia Sorento GT Line
17 Posts
Top of the line here in AUS is the GT Line, it's similar to the SX Prestige I believe.

Comes standard with panoramic sunroof, Bose sound system, 10.25" entertainment screen, AWD, 2.2L Diesel, Napa Leather Interior, powered tailgate, Full LED lights in and out (except reverse light and vanity mirror lights), 12" Instrument cluster and upgraded 20" wheels (although I've already swapped mine out to 22").

Going rate for this model is about $70,000AUD, but can haggle a better deal.

I got mine with Tow Bar, Window Tint, Roof Racks and Floor Mats with 12 months registration for $65,000AUD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your AWD GT is probably similar to our X-Line model in the USA. Does that diesel engine have a Turbo? I would imagine it gets better mileage than any of the gas models. We don't get the diesel engine on KIA's here in the USA, probably because Volkwagon screwed the pooch by fudging the pollution numbers a few years back.

Your $65,000AUD equates to $50,271US, currently. That's much higher than any of us in the USA pays! Was your Sorento made in the USA? That shipping cost might be part of the reason the price is higher. My '21 Sorento SX Prestige (FWD) had a sticker price of $42,020US. I did a 36-month lease, paid $2,000 down (included first month lease payment), and $450/month for 35 months. So, mine will cost me $17,750 over 3 years, then on to a new one! (I'm tired of keeping vehicles for 5, 10, or 15 years and paying for tires, batteries, and repairs!). (A wise investment guy once told me, "Never buy a depreciating asset".)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your AWD GT is probably similar to our X-Line model in the USA. Does that diesel engine have a Turbo? I would imagine it gets better mileage than any of the gas models. We don't get the diesel engine on KIA's here in the USA, probably because Volkwagon screwed the pooch by fudging the pollution numbers a few years back.

Your $65,000AUD equates to $50,271US, currently. That's much higher than any of us in the USA pays! Was your Sorento made in the USA? That shipping cost might be part of the reason the price is higher. My '21 Sorento SX Prestige (FWD) had a sticker price of $42,020US. I did a 36-month lease, paid $2,000 down (included first month lease payment), and $450/month for 35 months. So, mine will cost me $17,750 over 3 years, then on to a new one! (I'm tired of keeping vehicles for 5, 10, or 15 years and paying for tires, batteries, and repairs!). (A wise investment guy once told me, "Never buy a depreciating asset".)
Hi Dave,

Yes it is Turbo Diesel. Quoted fuel consumption is 6.1L/100Kms (38.56mpg), realistically though I'm at about 8.1L/100kms (29.04mpg).
Quoted fuel consumption for the 3.5L petrol variant is 9.7L/100kms (24.25mpg), but seeing as the diesel figures are inaccurate I'd think the petrol variant would be also, probably more like 10.5L-11.5L/100kms (22.4-20.6mpg).

It has a lot to do with our taxes that we pay on motor vehicles, which includes import tax, luxury vehicle tax, GST and due to our emission rules, any cost worn by the manufacturer to cover the additional costs of meeting our emissions rule.....Basically we get ripped.

Not made in USA, Korean made.

·
Registered
2021 2.5L 4-Cyl Kia Sorento S FWD
5 Posts
Just got my 2021 Sorento S, Black ext., black int., FWD (w/ moon roof). MSRP was $34575. After a lot of negotiating, I paid $31,150. My out the door price (w/ taxes & fees) ends up being a little below MSRP. They also matched Carvana's offer for my trade-in. If any of you have a car to trade in, I highly recommend having Carvana give you a quote as it gives you a good negotiating point of leverage. I'm not sure if they were being truthful, but they showed me the invoice for this car, and it was about $33k, so assuming that's accurate, I feel like I got a pretty solid deal. Looking at True Car's "Excellent Price" numbers, what I paid seems well below that number ($32837).

I purchased this from Van Nuys Kia (CA). I recommend using True Car so they'll spit you quotes from a bunch of dealers, and you have starting points to talk numbers. Whatever the True Car quote is, it's never their bottom line number. It just depends on how much energy you have. My salesman was not doing a very good job manipulating me, and he had to bring over his manager twice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ll throw in what I paid. I just picked up a 21 Kia Sorrento S with the Pano roof for 33K. I probably could have gotten it lower but I didn’t care to sit and negotiate with them. The MSRP was over 34
FWD or AWD? I just got the same car in FWD...

·
Registered
21 SORRENTO SX W/PRESTIGE PKG FWD
6 Posts
Black on Black SX FWD W/PRESTIGE PKG. 42K Out the door. Would not budge on the price but gave me $1,500 more then the KBB on my trade.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige/X-Line
42 Posts
Sorento SX Prestige w/X-Line Package AWD (Black exterior, Rust Leather Package).

43,975 plus TTL

I had to drive 90 miles to get that. My local dealership wanted a 3,500 dollar premium over sticker, now that they've run out of Tellurides (which all had a 6,000 markup).

I told my local guy if he'd drop the fee, I'd buy it, but he refused.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What dealership did you go to? I'm in SoCal as well. Thanks!
I went to Van Nuys Kia. I would get quotes through True Car. A bunch will come back with numbers lower than what's online. You can compare based on that, and you should be able to negotiate a lower price than the True Car price. For example, Kia Carson offered $31,791, but they didn't have the color I wanted, so I called Van Nuys, said another dealer offered this, and that I'm at $31k. Held strong and ended up paying $31150 (after the $500 rebate).

oops. Just realized you were replying to someone else. I'll just leave my response in case it's helpful to someone else.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Top of the line here in AUS is the GT Line, it's similar to the SX Prestige I believe.

Comes standard with panoramic sunroof, Bose sound system, 10.25" entertainment screen, AWD, 2.2L Diesel, Napa Leather Interior, powered tailgate, Full LED lights in and out (except reverse light and vanity mirror lights), 12" Instrument cluster and upgraded 20" wheels (although I've already swapped mine out to 22").

Going rate for this model is about $70,000AUD, but can haggle a better deal.

I got mine with Tow Bar, Window Tint, Roof Racks and Floor Mats with 12 months registration for $65,000AUD

View attachment 118472 .
Can we get some interior shots? Would love to compare the seats between the north American and Australian version

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can we get some interior shots? Would love to compare the seats between the north American and Australian version
Hi Mate,

Yeah I can get some interior shots for you. I'm at work for the next few days, leave in the dark and get home in the dark so I'll post some pics towards the end of the week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wish I had that turn knob to shift with. My big cups get in the way of the shifter in my N.A. model. Ditto on the memory seat.
14-way power driver’s seat (including 4-way lumbar support and cushion extension), IMS(Integrated Memory System) driver’s seat with 2 seating position memory

181 - 200 of 205 Posts