Kia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Soon to be 2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green owner
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It’ll be garaged almost all the time. I’m planning to get it ceramic coated soon after getting it to make it easier to clean.
I too will be ceramic coating my Sorento as soon as I get it.

Reactions: kmbkk

·
Registered
'22 Sorento SX-P X-Line; '13 Scion FRS; ‘03 Mazda B2300
6 Posts
View attachment 120985

Here's mine, finally arrived Friday. '22 SX-P X-Line. Love the color and looks totally different than any pictures Kia has online. Best part is that it's metallic but can't see it unless you're up close. All the other brands that have this same color are all non-metallic.
Congrats, looks great!

·
Registered
Deposit on 2022 Sorento SX, 2018 Audi Q5, 2017 Hyundai Elantra
1 Posts
Do you have pictures from the back ?

·
Registered
Mazda 2021 cx9 GT
1 Posts
Beautiful! A common complaint on the 2021 was wind noise when highway driving above 60MPH. Have you ripped it yet? I'm curious if sound dampening has been improved for 2022.

"Re-replied since it was shadow removed?"

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SXP X-Line
12 Posts
Beautiful! A common complaint on the 2021 was wind noise when highway driving above 60MPH. Have you ripped it yet? I'm curious if sound dampening has been improved for 2022.

"Re-replied since it was shadow removed?"
The drive home from the dealer was about an hour long, mixed driving but no constant speeds over 60. Very quiet though and would be more so if I had kept the factory tires.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
89 Posts
The drive home from the dealer was about an hour long, mixed driving but no constant speeds over 60. Very quiet though and would be more so if I had kept the factory tires.
I have those Michelin CrossClimate tires on our 2012 Sorento, and they're great in the rain! Haven't used them in the snow yet, but it won't be long...

·
Registered
Soon to be 2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green owner
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I thought the Michelin Cross Climates were supposed to be very quiet the way the herring bone tread is laid out. So did they switch them out at the dealership?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
89 Posts
I thought the Michelin Cross Climates were supposed to be very quiet the way the herring bone tread is laid out. So did they switch them out at the dealership?
FWIW, I got mine for the wet traction. They are not as quiet as the Generals that I had on the Sorento before that, but I didn’t expect them to be; the tread block spacing is very aggressive. They looked like a tractor tire until I got used to the appearance. 🙃

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SXP X-Line
12 Posts
I think it's more of the car being very well insulated from wind noise and if you have don't have a good ear for tire noise then you probably won't notice it.

I went with these because they are one of the only, if not THE only, tire out there that is an actual true all-season and all-weather tire and has great reviews all over the world. 3PMSF symbol is what sold me really.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts