Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Soon to be 2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green owner
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is this a new color? I searched for Wolf and I couldn't find it on the Sorento 21+ forums.
I called my salesman and changed my order to Wolf Gray.
Very similar to Ceramic Gray on the Stinger.
I'm getting excited!

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
220 Posts
So is this a new color? I searched for Wolf and I couldn't find it on the Sorento 21+ forums.
I called my salesman and changed my order to Wolf Gray.
Very similar to Ceramic Gray on the Stinger.
I'm getting excited!

View attachment 120648
i've seen the Telluride in Wolf Gray and can confirm it's freaking awesome. Pretty sure it's new on the Sorento for '22, and I think you made a helluva choice

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
332 Posts
i've seen the Telluride in Wolf Gray and can confirm it's freaking awesome. Pretty sure it's new on the Sorento for '22, and I think you made a helluva choice
Yeah I like the Wolf, it's not a new color, but it is new for the Sorento. You lucky dog you.

Reactions: Snatchell

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX-P PHEV (Soon)
32 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

This one for sale near me in OKC. Looks fantastic!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just looked and that's actually Everlasting Silver! Wow, it still looks great!

Reactions: Snatchell

·
Registered
'22 Sorento SX-P X-Line; '13 Scion FRS; ‘03 Mazda B2300
6 Posts
I tried to convince my wife to order one in Wolf Gray, but she was set on Aruba Green with the rust leather interior.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried to convince my wife to order one in Wolf Gray, but she was set on Aruba Green with the rust leather interior.
The green/rust was my first choice. My wife said it was too close to black... black is hard to keep clean. Wolf Gray is almost white - so it will look cleaner- longer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went to order the 2022 PHEV SX-P yesterday and was told wolf gray isn't available. I guess since the HEV and PHEV are made in Korea the available paint colors are different. Also the only interior choices were navy blue and gray. I was really wanting wolf gray with black or a blue with rust, but looks like I'm going pearl white with navy blue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bummer, I was going to order wolf gray as well. What color options were available and could they offer you a price? I know the SX is 46k.
The same colors that are listed as options for the hybrid here. They were not able to generate a price as the button was not active. He said they will be able to submit orders on Tuesday the 14th and that the prices will be available. I still haven't decided if I want to lease or buy. Hopefully the lease deals account for the federal tax credit. If not I wont be able to capture that until 2023 when 2022 taxes are done.

Do you have a source on the SX price at $46k?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the wife and I drove through the Kia dealership tonight looking for Sorentos. They barely had anything but Kia Souls and Sportages. All of the sudden the sales manager, who I'm familiar with, cool guy, came running out. He said your Sorento Prestige X-Line should be here October 1st! I said "Cool! Yeah, I like the Wolf Gray" - he said - "What? No you wanted Aruba Green" - I said - no I told my salesman to change the order to Wolf Gray - he looked a little pissed - he said I'm going to have a talk with my salesman. o_O I told him - I'll be happy with Aruba Green or Wolf Gray - whatever comes in first. Mind you - he wasn't mad at me - mad at the salesman. Oh well - I'll be happy with either color. Rust leather in both. I'm stoked! :)

Reactions: Feeble knieval

·
Registered
2022 SX-P X-Line (soon)
13 Posts
MY 2022?

Wonder why mine is estimated for November still. I've never ordered a vehicle before so not sure how this all works. Just real inpatient

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
89 Posts
Well the wife and I drove through the Kia dealership tonight looking for Sorentos. They barely had anything but Kia Souls and Sportages. All of the sudden the sales manager, who I'm familiar with, cool guy, came running out. He said your Sorento Prestige X-Line should be here October 1st! I said "Cool! Yeah, I like the Wolf Gray" - he said - "What? No you wanted Aruba Green" - I said - no I told my salesman to change the order to Wolf Gray - he looked a little pissed - he said I'm going to have a talk with my salesman. o_O I told him - I'll be happy with Aruba Green or Wolf Gray - whatever comes in first. Mind you - he wasn't mad at me - mad at the salesman. Oh well - I'll be happy with either color. Rust leather in both. I'm stoked! :)
You've been really excited for a while anticipating getting a Sorento...this puts some reality on it. Happy for ya!

·
Registered
89 Posts
MY 2022?

Wonder why mine is estimated for November still. I've never ordered a vehicle before so not sure how this all works. Just real inpatient
However things worked before when ordering a new vehicle is a thing of the past, at least temporarily. I've ordered lots of new vehicles in my day. The happiest memory was seeing my 1987 Buick Grand National that I waited months for being unloaded from the semi truck in Ft Myers, Fl. It was my first new car.

Oh, to be young again:cry:

·
Registered
6 Posts
MY 2022?

My wife and I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. This is the first vehicle we’ve ordered, so I’m curious on the timeline. My dealer said 3-5 months…hoping it’s closer to 3 but planning for 5.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My wife and I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. This is the first vehicle we’ve ordered, so I’m curious on the timeline. My dealer said 3-5 months…hoping it’s closer to 3 but planning for 5.
I ordered the PHEV yesterday and they told me 4-6 months. However the HEV and PHEV are made in Korea instead of Georgia so that might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You've been really excited for a while anticipating getting a Sorento...this puts some reality on it. Happy for ya!
Yes - right now I'm driving my 1996 Del Sol daily - I must say the weather has been nice so I'm not complaining, if the suns been out - the top's been off - but I'm ready for my luxury SUV! :)
The Del Sol get's about 30 MPG so I will miss that. I'm anxious to see what the Sorento can do.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Reactions: jpsurratt2005

·
Registered
6 Posts
The green/rust was my first choice. My wife said it was too close to black... black is hard to keep clean. Wolf Gray is almost white - so it will look cleaner- longer.
It’ll be garaged almost all the time. I’m planning to get it ceramic coated soon after getting it to make it easier to clean.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes - right now I'm driving my 1996 Del Sol daily - I must say the weather has been nice so I'm not complaining, if the suns been out - the top's been off - but I'm ready for my luxury SUV! :)
The Del Sol get's about 30 MPG so I will miss that. I'm anxious to see what the Sorento can do.

View attachment 120817
That little car looks great for 25 years old!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts