Kia Forum banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX, 2017 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost, 2001 Ford Ranger 4.0, 2000 BMW Z3 2.3
86 Posts
my vote also goes to they don't want to do it but if you pay a crazy price they will, they might even send it out to someone else.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,503 Posts
I'd pick up the two parts from Kia and a tube of their 'special' lube, take the whole lot to a decent mechanic along with the TSB that explains how to deal with it, and let the independent shop have a go at doing it the way Kia recommends.

Think about it. Even if the track were warped/bent and had to be replaced, why on earth would anyone replace the glass panel? You're getting quoted the entire assembly+ from the dealer. You're getting hosed there, friend.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima SX-T
8 Posts
Thanks! Just saw someone posted that TSB up earlier in the thread. This thread is gettin so long its gettin hard to sift thru. $150.00 for the Kia lube, must be real good stuff. :oops:

All the discussion on panoroofs was lookin at mine and it needed a little maintenance clean and lube too. A lot of dust and some pine needles in the gutters. No pine trees around me. Cleaned up now just waitin on lubes in the mail.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima SX-T
8 Posts
Thanks TSB help much. Cleaned up really good and lubed. Seals start to get hard to treated them also.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts