Kia Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,502 Posts
I called Kia customer support after emailing them over the weekend and not receiving a reply. They basically said that the part C6F57-AC000 will work in my 2017 Sorento SX but the newer part C6F57-ACE01 may have some improvements. I'm not exactly sure what those improvements could be. I wish there was an easy way to see both parts side by side.

On a side note, for those who installed the OEM remote start into their vehicles with push button start, did you have to cut into any wires? I read that the install in the Sorentos with push button start is easier because you don't have to cut into wires.
They should be able to give you a yes/no answer...call your dealer's parts manager, just by giving them your VIN they can easily tell you.

No wire cutting is required for OEM remotes as far I know...it's all plug and play.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX
12 Posts
They should be able to give you a yes/no answer...call your dealer's parts manager, just by giving them your VIN they can easily tell you.

No wire cutting is required for OEM remotes as far I know...it's all plug and play.
Thanks again josuet. The YouTube that somebody posted up with the install of the remote start on a 2016 Sorento with the key ignition shows a wire tap being required. I hope I'm using the right terminology. Basically you need to strip a wire and tap into it. I believe you're correct that the installation on the push button start Sorento models don't require wire stripping or cutting.

Btw, I just received the OEM remote start part that I ordered from an eBay seller where the seller listed the old part number C6F57-AC000 but he actually sent me the new part number C6F57-ACE01. I can't post links yet so I can't share a link to the auction or seller and I'm not sure if it's a violation of the forum rules to link to eBay auctions or give information about eBay sellers.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,502 Posts
Thanks again josuet. The YouTube that somebody posted up with the install of the remote start on a 2016 Sorento with the key ignition shows a wire tap being required. I hope I'm using the right terminology. Basically you need to strip a wire and tap into it. I believe you're correct that the installation on the push button start Sorento models don't require wire stripping or cutting.

Btw, I just received the OEM remote start part that I ordered from an eBay seller where the seller listed the old part number C6F57-AC000 but he actually sent me the new part number C6F57-ACE01. I can't post links yet so I can't share a link to the auction or seller and I'm not sure if it's a violation of the forum rules to link to eBay auctions or give information about eBay sellers.

No violation whatsoever on posting links of ebay seller; on the contrary, it may help another member.

Check the installation instructions and tell us if wire splicing or tapping is needed.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX
12 Posts
No violation whatsoever on posting links of ebay seller, on the contrary, it may help abother member.

Check the installation instructions and tell us if wire splicing or tapping is needed.
Thanks again josuet. You're correct there is no wire splicing or tapping in the instructions for the remote start for Sorentos with push button start. The wire cutters required for the installation are only used to trim the excess wire tie material.

The ebay seller is bigdeal1521 and he lists the part for the best price I could find which is $250. As I said previously, the seller lists the part number as C6F57-AC000 but actually sent me the new part number C6F57-ACE01 which replaced the old part numbers C6F57-AC000 and C6F57-ACE00. According to what I was told by Kia customer support and from my searches online the new part number C6F57-ACE01 will fit both 2016 and 2017 Sorentos with push button start.

Here's a link to their latest auction for Sorentos with push button start:

2016 Kia Sorento (Push Button Start ) Remote Starter Genuine OEM New C6F57-AC000 | eBay

They also sell the part for Sorentos with key start (i.e. without push button start):

2016 Kia Sorento (w/o Push to start) Remote Starter Genuine OEM New C6F57-AC100 | eBay

·
Registered
kia sorento 2017
1 Posts
I have installed the OEM kit on a push to start 2017 Sorento.
Did not need to cut, splice or tap into wires.
Installation takes like 40 minutes.
Costs about 250 usd on Ebay.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SXL
1 Posts
He Guys,

Looking to buy a remote start module for my new 2017 Kia Sorento SXL push button start. I had a question for you. Does the OEM module turn the car off once its remote started and you open a door after 10 or 30 seconds? Is there any way to disable that. When loading kids in the back i would like the car to continue to run until I have enough time to get them in and get to the front seat and start the car.

I have read reports that it does but wanted to confirm before I dive in. I may go after market for this reason.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXL
16 Posts
He Guys,

Looking to buy a remote start module for my new 2017 Kia Sorento SXL push button start. I had a question for you. Does the OEM module turn the car off once its remote started and you open a door after 10 or 30 seconds? Is there any way to disable that. When loading kids in the back i would like the car to continue to run until I have enough time to get them in and get to the front seat and start the car.

I have read reports that it does but wanted to confirm before I dive in. I may go after market for this reason.
I have a 2017 SXL with factory (OEM) remote start. When opening a door, you have 30 seconds to push the brake and hit the start button. When opening the tailgate, you have 90 seconds (I think) to get in and push the brake and start button. If you are loading kids in the car, 30 seconds is probably not enough. When loading cargo (depending on how much), 90 seconds is probably not enough either. I wish the times could be changed or disabled but I have done a lot of searching and I dont think they can be changed. I dont have any small kids to load in the car so the 30 seconds for me is plenty, but when loading cargo in the back, it usually cuts off before I am finished.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX V6, 2015 Infiniti Q50
37 Posts
Thanks again josuet. You're correct there is no wire splicing or tapping in the instructions for the remote start for Sorentos with push button start. The wire cutters required for the installation are only used to trim the excess wire tie material.

The ebay seller is bigdeal1521 and he lists the part for the best price I could find which is $250. As I said previously, the seller lists the part number as C6F57-AC000 but actually sent me the new part number C6F57-ACE01 which replaced the old part numbers C6F57-AC000 and C6F57-ACE00. According to what I was told by Kia customer support and from my searches online the new part number C6F57-ACE01 will fit both 2016 and 2017 Sorentos with push button start.

Here's a link to their latest auction for Sorentos with push button start:

2016 Kia Sorento (Push Button Start ) Remote Starter Genuine OEM New C6F57-AC000 | eBay

They also sell the part for Sorentos with key start (i.e. without push button start):

2016 Kia Sorento (w/o Push to start) Remote Starter Genuine OEM New C6F57-AC100 | eBay

Was the install easy? I am also looking to do this for my 2017 SX V6. I checked the seller you linked, and it does not seem like that seller is selling anymore. Other ones are going for $350 now.

I have installed the OEM kit on a push to start 2017 Sorento.
Did not need to cut, splice or tap into wires.
Installation takes like 40 minutes.
Costs about 250 usd on Ebay.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
Where did you purchase your kit and how much did you spend? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX
12 Posts
Was the install easy? I am also looking to do this for my 2017 SX V6. I checked the seller you linked, and it does not seem like that seller is selling anymore. Other ones are going for $350 now.
I'm sorry I completely missed the notification on your reply. It wasn't a difficult install but getting underneath the dash for the connections was tough because I'm not a small guy (and I'm not that large either). The seller still sells them new for $250 and he always relists them. Here's a link to their item list. You'll see it there.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bigdeal1521/m.html?item=332597390426&epid=7017018374&hash=item4d70596c5a:g:dQQAAOSw~gRV56n1&vxp=mtr&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX Turbo AWD
34 Posts
The original fob doesn't start it though when pressing 3 times the unlock button.
I know this thread is old but I just wanted to say you likely need to press Lock x 3, not Unlock x 3. Sometimes it's Lock, Unlock, Lock. But Lock x 3 is the default OEM fob start procedure for iDataStart.

FWIW the 'OEM' remote start you see referenced in here a bunch looks like a generic CompuStar starter to me. And I think that may even be the same company as iDataStart anwyay. OEM is often not really OEM but some kind of partnership or licensing deal.

The iDataStart product is not vehicle-specific (and the CompuStar one probably isn't either). These days they are universal and the installer (or end user in some cases) can flash/program them to a specific vehicle. The only hardware that is vehicle specific is the harness, if one is even used. You can also wire the starter yourself if you wish using the included generic harness. With the iDataStart you can plug in various accessories, too, such as a different antenna for different remotes, or a phone app-based dongle, or temperature/tilt/motion sensors, etc.

I purchased the iDataStart HC2 (which is what you have) for my 2016 Sorento SX Turbo. Their T-harness for push-to-start Sorentos which requires only one connection to the vehicle (although it may be blocked with tamper-proof bolts). Aside from removing those bolts, it's supposed to be very simple to install (I will be installing mine in a day or two).

I also had the iDataStart HC1 for my 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Limited before I traded it in. On this vehicle there were only 9 wires that needed to be tapped into, so I didn't buy a T-harness, and instead just used the generic harness and wire taps. It wasn't too bad to install and works perfectly, which is why I was happy to buy another one for the Sorento.

Both the HC1 and HC2 are packages that include a iDataStart HCX control box and either a set of 1-way or a set of 2-way remotes. You can buy the HCX box by itself if you only care to start your vehicle with the OEM fob - It's $150 CAD. I think the HC1 goes for $250 CAD and the HC2 for $300 CAD. Plus a T-harness, if you want/need one, will be around $60-75 CAD.

On the Santa Fe Sport I can't turn on the heated/cooled seats or the heated steering wheel with my starter. At least not without some custom wiring and changing the programming to use said wiring.

On the Sorento there's a chance these features might work out of the box, but I don't know yet. While flashing/programming the control box I noticed some options for it.

·
Registered
Sorento 2017 EX v6
150 Posts
If you find out let me know, because so far I haven't found a good solution yet. The diagrams show that the seat heating has its own independent wiring, not connected to any of the car systems.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts