Kia Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Proceed 3 - 2008 1.6 CRDi 113bhp

Just been offered a 3 year service plan for 22.45 a month which includes a free MOT at the end of it. Anyone think this is a good deal? Thats for a 1.6 crdi sw 2. Pheonix Kia Linwood.
I have a 5 year service plan on my 1.6 CRDi 113bhp for £20.32 per month (UK - north-east).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Damn that seems a lot, my first was £167.26, second was quoted at £229 but I used a 20% off voucher in the packup I got when I purchased the car bringing it down to £183.
My 3rd service is due and the said it will cost approx £265 so I'm getting my mate to order KIA parts and service it for me, hopefully at about a 3rd of the price.
I hope he's VAT registered or you'll have trouble getting an warranty work done if you ever need it

·
Registered
Cee'd 09reg 1.6crdi 90bhp
4 Posts
I've been quoted 345 in local KIA garage for standard 75k service in my 09reg 1.6crdi 90bhp, don't know why they want to rip me off cos previous owner never paid more than 230; Kwit Fit done manufacture service for 237 ;)

ps. I've never paid more than 220 for servicing vectra C 55reg 1.9cdti in local Vauxhall garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Beware wiper blades.

If you've already checked Halfords, you'll know that they do not stock or supply wiper blades for the pro_ceed. So I went to the dealer to get some...

Front Driver Side Wiper £28.08
Front Passenger Wiper £21.84
Rear Window Wiper £15.60

TOTAL £65.52 inc. VAT (ouch)
Autoglass do universal fit Bosch wipers for £10 each. Came out for free to fit them too. :cool: Couldn't do the rear one though. Have to go to the dealer for that one :(

·
Registered
Proceed 2 1.6 CRDi (LD59OFY)
16 Posts
Guys just to let you know I work for a local Kia dealership therefore if you need prices on anything, im sure i can help you out.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
Just been offered a 3 year service plan for 22.45 a month which includes a free MOT at the end of it. Anyone think this is a good deal? Thats for a 1.6 crdi sw 2. Pheonix Kia Linwood.
I have a 5 year service plan on my 1.6 CRDi 113bhp for £20.32 per month (UK - north-east).
Why do people pay these huge sums of money for service plans.

£22.45 a month for 3 years is £808.20. The first 3 services on out Ceed SW CRDi (including the MOT) totalled £580 at our local Kia dealer. That's £228.20 LESS.

5 years at £20.32 is £1219.20, assume that does not include MOT's. Without MOT's I am expecting our first 5 services to total approx. £1030 based on what the dealer quoted when we asked about service costs. That will mean we pay approx. £189.20 LESS.

In both cases the dealers are charging approx £200 to keep your money in their bank, very good of them.

But the main problem with dealer based service plans is the dealer. If they turn out to be crap you are stuck with them after signing the deal and if they cease trading they take any monies you have paid with them.

The Kia 3 year and 6 year plans look to be a good deal, will have one if we buy another Kia. But would never buy a dealer plan.

·
Registered
Cee'd 2 sw 1.6 crdi. Hyundai Getz 1.4 crdx
35 Posts
Why do people pay these huge sums of money for service plans.

£22.45 a month for 3 years is £808.20. The first 3 services on out Ceed SW CRDi (including the MOT) totalled £580 at our local Kia dealer. That's £228.20 LESS.

5 years at £20.32 is £1219.20, assume that does not include MOT's. Without MOT's I am expecting our first 5 services to total approx. £1030 based on what the dealer quoted when we asked about service costs. That will mean we pay approx. £189.20 LESS.

In both cases the dealers are charging approx £200 to keep your money in their bank, very good of them.

But the main problem with dealer based service plans is the dealer. If they turn out to be crap you are stuck with them after signing the deal and if they cease trading they take any monies you have paid with them.

The Kia 3 year and 6 year plans look to be a good deal, will have one if we buy another Kia. But would never buy a dealer plan.
Never did take that plan out. Got it serviced at local garage using kia parts and service schedule much cheaper and have had warranty work carried out at dealers.

·
Registered
2011 Astral Blue Kia Cee'd SW 1.6 CRDi 3 Spec
115 Posts
Wise decision mate, Phoenix are a joke anyway, sold me the car on the pretense that a service plan came with the car, next 2 services were free, car was ok apart from new tyre needed and red paint off the door that was splattered and the sills repainted looked as if someone had been rubbing thinners over it.

Oh and a replacement key.

Took them 4 months for a key, barely got any red paint off, the new tyre turned out to be a puncture repair michelin (baring in mind my wife, son and dog are in the car) and lo a behold the service plan was cancelled!!

Shame as the car is great the customer service wasnt and i would never buy another car from them instead i will look elswhere for another Cee'd in GT guise in 3-4 yrs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 08 plate procee'd 3 1.6 petrol, I've had a letter from my dealer stating service/MOT is due, MOT is due in a couple of weeks and the service is due next month.
So thought may as well get them done at the same time.
The quote for service shocked me beyond belief, for the genuine kia service using genuine parts they want £426!!!! that is surely not right???????
In comparison a "master" service and MOT at Formula One autos comes to £154, obviously not genuine parts.

Does this invalidate my warranty in any way? (although there's not a lot left on the manufacturers)

·
Registered
16 Posts
It was a 'Stoneacre' 5 year service plan ... fixed cost £20.32 incl VAT on DD so not really keeping my money ...get ½ price MOT's, wash/clean, 10% off any parts & labour I decide to buy. Has been great service there too. They have lost their KIA dealership now but still have KIA at another of their garages so offered to take/do/return car if anything does need doing under warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
KIA Proceed 1.6 diesel 113 BHP version 2008 :-

New disks and pads all round £216 (not genuine KIA parts).
Fuel Filter £41.41 parts cost.
Engine Flush £11.73 (parts/labour when done with service).
Handbrake adjustment £15.12
Headlight realignment £8.40

·
Registered
16 Posts
KIA Proceed 1.6 diesel 113 BHP 2008 :-

4 x Barum Bravauris 2 tyres (225/45 x 17 91W) purchased via Tyreshopper and fitted at National Tyres £307

These tyres have performed just as well as the original Michelin Primacy ones fitted .... they have given better mpg (albeit by only 1 mpg !) ....worn out at earlier mileage but better value for money considering purchase cost of each (ran both sets down to 2mm limit)... and less worry over getting a puncture and less time running on lower tread in the wet.

This car has blown out smoke on nearly every start up from 2 year old ! but it has 'never missed a beat' in the 6½ years I have had it except for a problem I had with it 'stuttering/cutting out' one time when it needed a new fuel filter ... that cured it ...I would suggest to all owners to get the fuel filter replaced EVERY year ...not just at 2 yearly intervals as in the service schedule.

·
Registered
16 Posts
These service plans are not huge sums in relation to the 'added up' dealership service costs if you intend to keep the car .... and it will seem even less if you do encounter any major problem that needs to be fixed under the warranty (KIA can't have any case to not accept it ...after all the 7 year warranty must show their confidence in their product) ....less likely any arguing hassle etc you would have to deal with. The extra is a small price to pay I would say.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts