Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am inviting all (Pro)Ceeed owners to post the price of spare parts they have purchased and maintenance performed, maybe even with receipt scans if somebody wants to, so we can create a "database" and us, new owners, can know what to expect.

Thanks in advance to all contributors!:cat::frozen::auto::460:

Made a Sticky by pulsar86

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd 1.4 LX Best
62 Posts
I have bought the following parts:
- cabin air filter (carbon) 4F ~15E (no yet installed on the car)
- cabin air filter (carbon) Corteco ~ 18E (original cabin air filter is ~30E, in Romania)
- Bosch screen whipers ~ 27E (original are twice the price)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price list of additional equipment for Kia (Pro) Ceed:

Kia - dodatna oprema

To get prices in EUR, divide with 7.3.

4 mud flaps 52 EUR here.

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Just curriosed,what was included in 30 000 km service.Oil,oil filter,cabin filter,air filter.....?
Engine oil 5.5l
Oil filter
Fuel filter
Air filter
AC filter
Anti freeze 3l
Distilled water 3l
Brakes oil 2.5l
Labour 3.5h

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today I had the car inspected @1500 km (I realize not in every country there is this inspection).

I paid ZERO, it was free of charge!

In case somebody is wondering, Velden auto Kia, Viskovo.

·
Registered
Pro_cee´d 1.6 petrol
104 Posts
Looks like servicing diesels is quite expensive. Expense for servicing mine 1.6 petrol at 45tkm was about 150 € ( including VAT )

·
Registered
Ceed SW 1.6 crdi ls
19 Posts
Had our Cee'd 1.6 CRdi LS SW serviced on Friday

It was the 2 year service and Cost £264 pounds at Kia Cardiff

·
Premium Member
ProCeed 3 & Picanto 3
1,490 Posts
Damn that seems a lot, my first was £167.26, second was quoted at £229 but I used a 20% off voucher in the packup I got when I purchased the car bringing it down to £183.
My 3rd service is due and the said it will cost approx £265 so I'm getting my mate to order KIA parts and service it for me, hopefully at about a 3rd of the price.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Damn that seems a lot, my first was £167.26, second was quoted at £229 but I used a 20% off voucher in the packup I got when I purchased the car bringing it down to £183.
My 3rd service is due and the said it will cost approx £265 so I'm getting my mate to order KIA parts and service it for me, hopefully at about a 3rd of the price.
I understand your reason for doing it, but I am wary of other people servicing a car. The may know the basics and will change filters, replace oil, check brakes, etc.

But they won't know what things to pay attention to on this specific model, based on an experienced mechanics experience they will know what particular things to review and possibly adjust/replace.

Another thing to wonder about, is that OK they say that as long as you meet certain criteria then this type of servicing WON'T void the warranty. I would be dubious of this if you end up claiming for something big - like engine failure or brake issues, or transmission faults, etc as I think they might use it as a means of getting out of paying for your repairs. If anything they may make the claim progress very slowly, and/or ask you to document everything to prove your compliance and this just makes the ends just NOT justify the means. Especially, if all this happens while you are immobile, so inconvenient.

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Although I mostly agree, I don't think they bother to pay real attention to everything when they do your service. They probably just check what they absolutely must do.

On the other hand, KIA sends service bulletins regarding what needs to be extra inspected, tightened, etc which third party mechanics are usually oblivious of. Provided that KIA mechanics pay attention to this bulletin after all :)

·
Premium Member
2010 Kia Ceed SW 3 CRDi, 2009 Kia Soul 2 CRDi
856 Posts
Although I mostly agree, I don't think they bother to pay real attention to everything when they do your service. They probably just check what they absolutely must do.
Probably right. I don't have much faith in main dealers. Most use young (cheap) staff who don't have much experience.

My father has just had his Toyota Landcruiser serviced at the main dealer. It was a 45k mile service, so a big one. He asked them to change the brake fluid as the brakes weren't good. This they did, but they didn't do any further checking to diagnose the fault. When my father got the car back, the brakes weren't any better so he took the wheels off and checked himself. He found the rear of the disks were badly rusted and hadn't had a pad on them for ages. Found that the two of the four pistons on the caliper were ceased up and the braking was only on the outer edge of the disks. He's now doing the work himself. Had to buy new calipers and had the disks re-skimmed.
You would of thought if the car was on the ramps at the dealers to service it and change the brake fluid, they would have seen that the inner side of the brake disks weren't being used!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Probably right. I don't have much faith in main dealers. Most use young (cheap) staff who don't have much experience.

My father has just had his Toyota Landcruiser serviced at the main dealer. It was a 45k mile service, so a big one. He asked them to change the brake fluid as the brakes weren't good. This they did, but they didn't do any further checking to diagnose the fault. When my father got the car back, the brakes weren't any better so he took the wheels off and checked himself. He found the rear of the disks were badly rusted and hadn't had a pad on them for ages. Found that the two of the four pistons on the caliper were ceased up and the braking was only on the outer edge of the disks. He's now doing the work himself. Had to buy new calipers and had the disks re-skimmed.
You would of thought if the car was on the ramps at the dealers to service it and change the brake fluid, they would have seen that the inner side of the brake disks weren't being used!
If I were your Dad I would take that back and complain like hell - as that is a major safety issue, they are fast enough to tell you your tyres are low - and some even scare you into buying THEIR tyres by saying that they are legally obliged to refuse you to leave the site with non-roadworthy tyres. Surely the same applies that if your BRAKES arent roadworthy then you are obliged not to take possession of the vehicle until they have been fixed (especially if it is within warranty) if it is outside warranty then I would like to be told so as to get competitive quotes and/or possibly do it myself.

I am sure the garage would do this as TOYOTA have had enough bad press recently and can't afford any more I am sure.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts