Kia Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage V6 AWD 2006
13 Posts
Hi

Hi to All, I am so glad to find a forum like this. I am still waiting for my Rondo to arrive. i am a little bit scared and excited because I'm trading my Kia Sportage for it. The reason is that i need a 7 seater vehicle. The onlu thing that i don't like with the Rondo is that, i can't get a AWD for it. I hope that everything would work well because you guys know how icy can we get here in Canada. :D

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
Hi to All, I am so glad to find a forum like this. I am still waiting for my Rondo to arrive. i am a little bit scared and excited because I'm trading my Kia Sportage for it. The reason is that i need a 7 seater vehicle. The onlu thing that i don't like with the Rondo is that, i can't get a AWD for it. I hope that everything would work well because you guys know how icy can we get here in Canada. :D
If you get a good set of snow tires for winter you should be fine. Could you expand on your location profile as this is an international forum, you put GP, Alberta and I'm guessing a bit could that stand for Grande Prairie? When you get your Rondo could you fill out your Drive info in your profile - thanks, its a big help with all our online conversations.

My daughter used to live in High Prairie at one time.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage V6 AWD 2006
13 Posts
If you get a good set of snow tires for winter you should be fine. Could you expand on your location profile as this is an international forum, you put GP, Alberta and I'm guessing a bit could that stand for Grande Prairie? When you get your Rondo could you fill out your Drive info in your profile - thanks, its a big help with all our online conversations.

My daughter used to live in High Prairie at one time.
Yes Sir, I'm From Grande Prairie Alberta, Canada. Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul, 1.6hdi auto, in Mixx trim, White over Powder Blue
650 Posts
Welcome Bluediamond, as Con said this is a global forum, GP meant nothing to me til you confirmed your location!

Hope you get your Rondo soon & become a member of the 'happy club' on here, it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Sportage with the exception of the 4wd facility.

Mark.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage V6 AWD 2006
13 Posts
Welcome Bluediamond, as Con said this is a global forum, GP meant nothing to me til you confirmed your location!

Hope you get your Rondo soon & become a member of the 'happy club' on here, it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Sportage with the exception of the 4wd facility.

Mark.
Mark,
Thanks for the welcome. I hope that i would be able to get my vehicle this week. I phoned them laste week of thursday and they keep on saying that the vehicle is in the port and they can't give me a time frame on when it is arriving. :mad:

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX-V6 Luxury 7-Seater (Urban Grey)
43 Posts
Hi all,

Today we took posession of a 2008 Kia Rondo EX-V6 Luxury 7-Seater (Urban Grey). Thanks to the many folk in the form for your advise and knowledge. In particular, thanks to A_Man, sdaupleix, and Dave Jay. Your help really made my buying experience easy.

With Kia Canada offering $2,000 Cash rebate incentive, We were able to get $28,065 Canadian for our Kia on the road. We didn't get any accessories or extended warranties of other services. May get the manufacture's floormats and cargo liner eventually. Will also probably get it tinted. If anyone knows a good tint shop in the GTA please PM me.

We are very happy with the vehicle.

Cheers!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Hi all,

Today we took posession of a 2008 Kia Rondo EX-V6 Luxury 7-Seater (Urban Grey).

We are very happy with the vehicle.

Cheers!
Congratulations on your fine purchase :D We look forward to your feedback in the forum.

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX-V6 Luxury 7-Seater
5 Posts
Hello,

We got our 2008 Kia Rondo EX-V6 Luxury 7-Seater for 28,850 $ OTR.
It includes :
* roof bars
* WeatherTech cargo liner
* tinted windows
* remote starter

The delivery did not go very smoothly though since the car was not completely ready :
* the windows had been tinted the same day so we could not open them for the next 24 hours or it would void the "tint treatment" warranty
* there were a few pieces of plastic here and there thet the sales guy had to remove with a razor blade as well as black grease stains on the interior (quickly removed with a special product but still)
* the rev counter does not work. At all. I was told it was the guy plugging the remote starter who might have unplugged it the rev counter by mistake, which I believe is plausible. I am not very impressed though by the fact that they did not recheck everything before we took possession of the car.
* it was not sparking clean. We had to show them the spots but the guy did a good job making it clean. Still, when you drop nearly 29 grants, you expect something better...
* the remote starter works well but pressing 2 seconds on the unlock key of the remote unlocks the gas tank door, not the trunk as it is supposed to.

Anyway, we took delivery Friday at 3 pm and their service department was closed. So the sales manager will come and pick it up at our place, bring it to the dealership, fix the problems and bring it back.
So far, no sign of the dreaded "pulling to the right" issue.

We are very very happy with the car, the whole experience with the dealer might have been better. But if they fix the problems tomorrow, we'll quickly forget these little quirks.

Seb

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Hello,

We got our 2008 Kia Rondo EX-V6 Luxury 7-Seater for 28,850 $ OTR.
It includes :
* roof bars
* WeatherTech cargo liner
* tinted windows
* remote starter

The delivery did not go very smoothly though since the car was not completely ready :
* the windows had been tinted the same day so we could not open them for the next 24 hours or it would void the "tint treatment" warranty
* there were a few pieces of plastic here and there thet the sales guy had to remove with a razor blade as well as black grease stains on the interior (quickly removed with a special product but still)
* the rev counter does not work. At all. I was told it was the guy plugging the remote starter who might have unplugged it the rev counter by mistake, which I believe is plausible. I am not very impressed though by the fact that they did not recheck everything before we took possession of the car.
* it was not sparking clean. We had to show them the spots but the guy did a good job making it clean. Still, when you drop nearly 29 grants, you expect something better...
* the remote starter works well but pressing 2 seconds on the unlock key of the remote unlocks the gas tank door, not the trunk as it is supposed to.

Anyway, we took delivery Friday at 3 pm and their service department was closed. So the sales manager will come and pick it up at our place, bring it to the dealership, fix the problems and bring it back.
So far, no sign of the dreaded "pulling to the right" issue.

We are very very happy with the car, the whole experience with the dealer might have been better. But if they fix the problems tomorrow, we'll quickly forget these little quirks.

Seb
glad you got fixed up with your new set of wheels and congratulations. Did you make use of the list?
General tip - Its always a good idea if possible, to always pick up the vehicle while the service department is open and particular if you have a long way to go to the dealership.
At least the dealership is making the extra effort by picking up the vehicle and fixing the problems and returning it, not many would do that. I presume you are not far from the dealership?
That's a strange quirt about your gas door opening instead of the tailgate! Are you referring to the separate tailgate open only button or the general unlock that opens all the doors?

My dealer experience was excellent, the vehicle was immaculate, (I did state in my deal that I would be checking the car over thoroughly before paying for it) all my accessories (window visors, rear bumper cover, hood deflector) were on except the all weather floor mats as they were on back order. All this I hadn't even put down a deposit, it was all done by email and phone. The purchasing couldn't have gone any better.

Here's a shot of when I picked up the vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX-V6 Luxury 7-Seater (Urban Grey)
43 Posts
This was the best car buying experience I have ever had. We had been looking for a couple months. Done test drives and knew exactly what we wanted. I pm
ed a couple members on this board to see what deals they got.

One member had contacted all the dealers in the area and got their best price.

I took the quote to a couple local dealers to see if they could match. They said it was below cost. So I took it to the dealer where that member bought theirs. Asked for the same sales rep and said I wanted the exact same thing.

That call happened on Tues. She was willing to do it on the phone then and there, but we wanted to meet her. We made the drive out the next day (Wed), put down a deposit on a credit card and selected the trim we wanted. She was able to get the car from another dealer, did the PDI and we picked it up on the Saturday.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
any Canadian's sitting on the fence trying to decide the right time to buy a Rondo, maybe now might be the time.

I just got a flying in my mailbox today and they are offering a $2,000 discount on the MSRP on the Rondo or 0% financing for 60 months. - sounds like a good deal to me. The offer expires September 2nd. These incentives also apply to most of the Kia models.

This means the 2009's can't be far off.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac SV6
25 Posts
I hope they have some kind of deal in late Feb 09! :D

Then again....maybe we'll know more about the Kia Soul by Feb 09.

FaxCap

·
Registered
2007 Rondo EX Premium (4 cyl., 7 seater)
432 Posts
Here's a rather unique Rondo buying experience from a personal blog called Pure Mommy Extract.

How this blogger finally ended up with the Rondo was somewhat "miraculous" and I wonder about the intentions of the "helpful person" (without knowing more about who this person is)--well, you gotta read it to understand what I'm talking about. I call it "unique" because it's from the perspective of a devout Christian.

(BTW, I'm not making any judgement by pointing that out. I'm just saying I've never read a Rondo buying experience quite like it before. I'm not devout myself, but some members of my family are. Did I need to say that? Of course not. Personally, I believe in being good. I'm just non-practicing.)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Won't float my boat. :eek:

I got as far as ' Fair warning, this post is VERY long.' and 'the amazing work God has been doing.' That was enough for me. :rolleyes:

41 - 58 of 58 Posts