Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would make a thread so everyone can post their performance mods they are currently working on or just finished, or even ones in the futire you anticipate. I will start.

Finished replacing the battery cables with much better ones. Helps alot (not with performance obviously, audio sounds better)

finished my custom short ram intake system. Still working on a better breather kit (with a baby K&N filter).

finished installing modified 8MM double silicon spark plug wires (stock ones just didn't have enough beef) with extra wrapto keep any leaking voltage from happening. Mind you I have a Kia Sephia 2000 LS and its a distrabutorless system so its not like I could buy beter plugs. I modified some Ford F150 2002 spark plugs I had left over after replacing my dads damaged cables. (They made a bit of a difference believe it or not, and it lowered my temps since the stock wires (even after being replaced) kept leaking too much voltage in the head and heating it up).

gonna get a grounding kit, so far I have a custom made one, but its only temperary (and its crappy)

Getting an ECU addon box for slightly better performance and reliabiltiy.

still doing weight reductions when ever I find something I will never need, My car lost over 100 pounds already.

want to replace the stock motor mounts since those are bad.

want to get a performance muffler, a new cat converter and a 4-2-1 header.

maybe a little dressing up.

This is all in the near future, the higher end upgrades will have to wait till I got the jink for it.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
I am getting so
Spec stage 2 racing clutch
On both my kias I just added 9MM ractive plug wires
on sephia gonna get the reprogrammed ecu

Right now Im working on getting my car done body work and paint so Im not really focused on performance.. I wetn through that stage but time to get looks back.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm going to install the ractive CAI kit I ordered from 1fastkia as soon as it arrives, which will get me a couple more horses under the hood. Next is to get the lightweight pulley, and then I think I'll probably replace some of the exhaust piece by piece. I guess the next thing I really SHOULD get is the short shifter kit, man the throws on the stock are long!!!!

Where do you guys get your ECUs reprogrammed? I've scoured the net for someone with a Spectra or Spectra5 upgrade or mod, and haven't found much at all.

I sure love beating the crap out of those pansy assed ricer Civic drivers off the line with my stock Kia. The look on their faces is worth a million bucks.... Plus, my Spectra5 looks nicer and there isn't 10,000,000 of them in my town alone....

Devin

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ahhh, no ECU upgrades for the '04.5+ Spectra/5 listed there yet. I guess one of these days I should build a kit to modify the ECUs for people, I'd guess they are just using a pretty simple processor and FlashRAM. Another project I have no time for, LOL.

Devin

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I finished working on my short ram and optimized it for even more performance.

finished my breather kit.

finished my grounding kit

finished cutting off my muffler, installing strait piping and put on a tip (looks nice and sounds nice and low without any extra noise)

200LB+ weightloss

did some dressing up.

modified some vacuum lines (still have to replace some of emw ith tighter and slightly smaller ones.

increased tire pressure over stock slightly for better cornering and less drag (which would make acceleration slower).

ran greased lightning through the radiator (and flushed out the old liquid) which helps lubricate the water pump for even less motor drag. didn't notice much of a difference with temps but its running nice.

used valve and injector cleaner (helped a bit) and used carb cleaner to clean out intake manifold but both of those fouled out the plugs but I already had bought replacements beforehand.

next up are motor mounts, synthetic auto Tranny fluid, synthetic motor oil.

edit:hey 1fastkia, where did you get those 9MMs at? I assume they fit on your Kia's coilpacks right? Also do you know which wires are compatable to those? I know that ford f-150 V6 wires are including aftermarket (they don't have anything else but stock). Also do longer wires make much of a difference in responce time? my wires are a bit longer then stock but 1mm beefier.

edit2: made my own torque dampener, Used Aluminum metal frames and reinforced it with JBweld and Stainless steel strips then wrapped them with tape till they dried. Helps ALOT with acceleration and more torque/power, Notice it the most in low end but helps throughout the whole powerband).

Also got the fuel filter replaced which helps, next time ill have them use synthetic oil and do the tranny later. I forgot to use synthetic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ANYone know where i can find the IAT (intake temperature sensor) on my 05 Spectra. I have a performance module by rapid velocity, that needs to be connected to a two-wire IAT sensor. Help please!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, if you still have your stock airbox, there are 2 sensors, one is the MAF (the big round one that measures air flow) and a small one. Its the small one, that one has 2 wires on it.

on another note I got my cat back exaust done, and am going for the nylon replacement mounts, then I plan on getting the colt cams and an ECU upgrade, and if I move out of cali then ill get the exaust header. Hopefully I can have my Intake manifold machines and ceramic coated someday soon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well my first sephia was wrecked so I got a new one exactly like it but with a manual tranny, I also ripped out the Short ram intake and made a completely custom CAI and had the exaust mounted a few weeks ago. Now somewhat ahead of where i was before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts