Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and am now totally sold on a Sorento! :thumbsup:
However, I don’t want to sit down a week after I’ve bought it and have to start plunging kitchen knives into my stomach because I just saw the exact same model being sold for 2k less than I paid. :haha:

So I thought it would be a great idea to learn from all of you lucky lads that have already purchased a Sorento. The question being what did you pay for your Sorento and from where. :blink:

I live in the south east and I am looking for a Sorento 2.5 CRDI XSE Auto. B)

My local dealer has a rate card of £24,420.
The best I’ve found is £21,982 from http://www.ukcarsdirect.com/model.asp?id=20

Does anyone know of a better deal?

Many thanks in advance for all your valued advice!!!! (God I love the net) :thumbsup:

Paul Richards

·
Registered
07' Sedona, 10' Forte Sed. SX
161 Posts
Dear Paul,

You're not alone in this one, and I've filled my regional KIA reps ear for a good hour this week. I took delivery of my 05 Sorento on Jan. 28, roughly 60 days later KIA, not the dealer, plops an additional $2100.00 of rebates. Now I'm a prior KIA owner, a 2003 Sedona, in Jan. there was $0.00 incentive for me to buy, as of April 2 it booms to $1,500.00. I'm furious.... this is NO WAY to keep your customer base. Even the parent company--Hyundai--doean't do this...they offer something for prior KIA owners. I let the rep know I'm not happy and demand some kind of credit, or future coupon, anything but a flat zero or KIA may be looking at many flat zeros. Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Suzuki,....should I go on are all introducing competitive vehicles with long bullet-proof warranty's. KIA's marketing - assholes may be laughing at us poor shleps who carried them during the first quarter in Jan., Feb., & March. They are practicing the worst kind of marketing control by alienating, instead of rewarding past customers. I'm not letting up on this one and neither should anyone who bought a Sorento during Jan., Feb., or Mar. of 05'. We just got ripped.....!!!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
:(
Paul
If you read the FAQ's on the last paragraph it clearly states ''MOST cars are new'' ...........perhaps this wording needs a little more investigating before you part with your dosh !
Past experience on my behalf shows this type of deal very rarely works out for the better, i.e. Car damaged, milage higher than expected, no after sales help etc etc the list can go on & on & on & on & on !

Try & find a good dealer within traveling distance from you & point out the deals you have found & see if they can do anything on there prices.

Just be very carefull is my best advice, what you save now may work out costly at a later date, especialy if the car has already been registered as you will now be the second owner even though you are asking for a new car !

Cheers Mark
:crying:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Mark Shaw@Apr 16 2005, 09:18 AM
:(
Paul
If you read the FAQ's on the last paragraph it clearly states ''MOST cars are new'' ...........perhaps this wording needs a little more investigating before you part with your dosh !
Past experience on my behalf shows this type of deal very rarely works out for the better, i.e. Car damaged, milage higher than expected, no after sales help etc etc the list can go on & on & on & on & on !

Try & find a good dealer within traveling distance from you & point out the deals you have found & see if they can do anything on there prices.

Just be very carefull is my best advice, what you save now may work out costly at a later date, especialy if the car has already been registered as you will now be the second owner even though you are asking for a new car !

Cheers Mark
:crying:

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup:

However….
I just got a call from UK Cars!
He said they are simply a broker for KIA main dealership and what ever I order comes straight from them.
They are not pre own… I will be the first to register it. :haha:

He said they are able to sell them at that price because they sell so many for KIA.

Does anyone know or has bought a Sorento from these chaps? :crying:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPADTE...

Just got this email in...

Ok Quote for a new Sorento 2.5 CRDi XSE Automatic NEW 2005 05
Car is now in stock and would be available for collection/delivery from the 23rd May

£21999.00 Car
£699.00 DVD
£65.00 Stone Guard
£300.00 Front and Rear parking aids
£295.00 Metallic
£208.00 Road Tax and 1st reg fee

Is this a good deal compared to what you gents paid? :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The DVD is a bit heavy on price!

I saw a picture of someone with screens built into the head rests and thought... Yes.
I’ve got one for the kids but only one (you strap it to the head rest or just hold it)... so you can imagine the issues...
"I can't see... daddy tell him"
"Son, let your brother see as well... put it in the middle please"

…This will continue for about the entire journey! But for that price a can deal with it.
However I would really like one. One of the dealers said I could get one fitted from Halfords for half the price so I thing I’ll pop in and ask.

However I want one with the screens cut into the head rests.

·
Registered
72 Posts
:)
If you look at the Sorento forum ... about 12 lines down you will see ' in dash lcd'

Look through this until around no 10 & you will see my set up, Pioneer X1 sat nav & dvd player. It is a head unit with sliding touch screen & what this unit can't do isnt worth writing. It really is the dogs b******s!

I have opted not to have the rear screen cut into the headrest because it advertises to the passer by what is in the car ( I know they supply you with a cover for each seat but ....... ) just purchased a clever bracket that you take the headrest off, slide the bracket over the 2 lugs and replace the headrest. when you use the screen just slide onto the bracket.
The Pioneer is an expensive bit of kit on outlay ( I have seen them for around
£1150.00 on the net ) but you can take it with you to the next car etc. Have a nose at pioneer.co.uk & look at the X1, everything runs from the head unit ( the brains of the unit are fitted elswhere ) Be careful having kit fitted at Halfords .... not the best!!!!

cheers
Mark B)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts