Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start from the beginning because I'm not sure what is an isn't relevant. A few days ago I got gas for my 01 Kia Rio, and upon filling it and trying to restart it, it wouldn't go. Lights dim, windshield wipers slow, the whole nine yards. I got the battery tested, one test said it was dead, the other said "charge and try again". I just bought the new battery to be done with it.

Haven't had a battery problem since then, but here we are a couple of days later, my mother is driving it and notices new lights on the dash. They seem to imply that the parking brake is engaged (and actually engaging the brake makes it a bolder red) and that the battery is dead. It starts and runs, with one caveat; the heat suddenly doesn't work. The air blows just as strong, but it doesn't seem to warm up to anything above outside temperature (which isn't warm, as you might imagine).

Whether this is relevant or not, the car has a little hesitation shifting into second gear, although since changing the battery it has been less so of a problem (only happening once today, which seems to fall right in line with all of these other problems.)

Any advice on what this might be, or how I might check these things?

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
As far as your heat issue does your temperature gauge indicate normally about 1/2 way up? if it does either you have blockage in the heater core or a linkage may have come off to direct air flow inside the blower unit, give it a check. http://www.kiatechinfo.com/ for service materials free in the USA just have to register. If your battery is dead again get the alternator checked also. Check your brake fluid also, low fluid level will make the light come if it's low refill and check for leaks the usuall suspects are the brake lines under the 4 wheel wells or a leaking rear brake wheel cylinder also and a leaking master cylinder to willset it off also make sure your engine grounds are ok also tight and clean. Good luck Reguard's Ronjohn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts