Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 VW Tiguan (sold my Sorento)
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Well, just sat in my new Sorento for the first time. It's off for all its checks etc now and I won't "have it" officially for a couple of days BUT YAHOOOOOOO !!! It's a diesel LX auto in sand, has a fitted DVD in the roof for the back seat passengers (Kia offered that as sales gimic), wood grain, platinum trim to the auto plate and inside door handles etc. They're fitting a front bumper guard, removable tongue tow bar, aluminium (Kia) side steps, and a rear cargo mat. I've got black pinstriping, auto dimming mirror and reversing sensors ready to fit and think I'll paint the callipers either red or gold to make them stand out a bit. You can probably tell I'm JUST A LITTLE BIT EXCITED at the moment. Hey, more news and pics as soon as I can.

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO :banana: :460: :clap: :beer:

Derek

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Congratulation Derek :trophy: . Don't forget to post pics of your Sorento.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
9 Posts
Congratulations on finally receiving your new Sorento Derek.
What part of New Zealand are you situated,
I am in Hamilton. ( Waikato N.I. )

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys

Pics finally in the images gallery.

Cheers

Derek :460: :banana:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK for the mirror go to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUTO-DIMMIN...998411360QQrdZ1

By the way I paid US $115 plus postage, I see they've put their prices up.

Having some problems with it because here (don't know about other areas) Kia install the mirrors with a different fitting to these. I've now purchased a replacement Sorento mirror and am going to fit the Sorento mounting leg onto the back of the dimming mirror, just a matter of getting the time now.

As far as the diesel goes, it's brilliant !! I'm sure it's not as quick off the line etc as the petrol but the torque is HUGE and the grunt up hill and off road is GREAT. Also, economy wise it's a real winner over here. Diesel in NZ is about 1/3 cheaper than petrol PLUS the diesel does around 32 MPG (imperial gallons) while the petrol is lucky to get much over 22 MPG, so, add the two factors together and I'm smiling all the way to the bank.

Cheers

Derek

1 - 11 of 11 Posts