Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Just keep in mind that this is illegal in every state in the US and in most of the developed world. It also provides a convenient excuse for your local gendarmes to ticket you and will result in a failed state safety inspection in every state in the union if the inspector has a pulse. It's illegal for a reason. The glare can be extremely distracting to oncoming drivers when you put those bulbs in headlamp assemblies not designed for HID bulbs.

If that's not enough to bring you to your senses, apparently Kia is voiding warranties for cars that come in for seemingly unrelated problems and they discover HID bulbs/ballasts retrofitted.

<hoodie>
But 'dem purple lights look cool, yo! Don't forget the fart can muffler the size of a beer keg, the vinyl Chinese character applique, and the neon lighting under the car while you're at it.
</hoodie>

Wake me up when it's over. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Best,

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX FWD 4cyl, Titanium/Black
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just keep in mind that this is illegal in every state in the US and in most of the developed world. It also provides a convenient excuse for your local gendarmes to ticket you and will result in a failed state safety inspection in every state in the union if the inspector has a pulse. It's illegal for a reason. The glare can be extremely distracting to oncoming drivers when you put those bulbs in headlamp assemblies not designed for HID bulbs.

Best,
These are halogen bulbs giving off the color of HID... perhaps you should have looked before spewing.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Must be a quality seller since they're trying their best to market this as "Xenon" lights. Note the picture seems to show the bulbs marked as 100W while the description says otherwise. Hmmmmm....

*shrug*

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,414 Posts
I bet that's one super high quality product for $3.95. For that little bit of money, if you feel comfortable trying it, go ahead. If the picture is the actual product, though, I would be cautious, as the wiring in the vehicle is not designed to handle 100W.

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
careful

100w halogen is so hot.. might burn your H1 reflector.. hid 35w has cooler temp, but just the glare on the other side of the lane.. your best bet will be 4300k sylvania..
or if you want hid effects on you, you can put overlay tint< (optic blue) it will make your headlights look like having hid... eventhough you have halogens in them..

my set-up: gone all the way.. i bought an exact replica of our headlights, retrofitted..i bought FX-R 3.o projectors for my low beam and d2s projector for high beam.. clean nice set-up with cut-offs.. still in legal limits.. so hopefully i gave you some ideas...
sample pics below low beam and high beam.. as i have not gone out taking pictures as its always raining raining and raining in my days off.. and it doesnt hel that i work 12 hr. nights...

Attachments

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
922 Posts
I had H7 Narva Platinums in my Sorento.
They worked pretty well.

Mind you, because halogen glows yellow, the blue will limit the amount of light coming out of the bulb.
That being said, they look really cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts