Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problem registering for access to www.kiatechinfo.com. I am already using IE9. It mentioned I need to read and check the Privacy Policy and I managed to click and bring up the Privacy Policy screen but there is no box or any option to check or mark anything on it. I have provided a screen capture. Can anyone tell me where exactly is the part I need to check to indicate acceptance ? if that is not the issue, what else do I need to do to successfully register and gain access ? deeply appreciate any help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
I'd almost bet you are NOT using Microsoft's Internet Explorer (ver 8 and up).

Here's a cut and paste...
Just go to "kiatechinfo.com",
register, and all the info you need is right there.
You need to be running
Microsoft Windows (XP,Vista,7) and
Microsoft IE (Internet Explorer 8 or higher).
You also need to download and install a free "plug-in or app" called Adobe SVG
(Scaled Vector Graphics). There is a link to this software on their site.
and a valid email address to send the password to..
This is the only known good way to get onto this site..
The site doesn't like...
Mac or Linux Operating Systems
Firefox/Chrome/Safari Browers

There is a moderate learning curve as things aren't always where you would think they should be...but a little looking gets everything you could possibly need.

We are here also to help and want to answer any questions you have.
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I really appreciate your response, especially it is the only one I received. but I am a bit disappointed you started it with an assumption when i have clearly stated in my post I used INTERNET EXPLORER 9. contrary to whatever noobs you may have encountered in the past, I don't barge into a forum asking questions without googling and searching thoroughly for information. I am using INTERNET EXPLORER 9 purposely for the stated purpose AND have installed the SVG plug-in. I have done all the steps and in fact the screen capture is made from INTERNET EXPLORER.

it is not even moderate learning curve. there is hardly any curve. it is just information but I am not getting the result I want. As I have stated, I manage to reach PRIVACY POLICY screen but I didnt find anywhere that is obvious to acknowledge acceptance, such as a box to tick etc, which I suppose is what the error prompt message "PLEASE REVIEW AND CHECK THE PRIVACY POLICY AND USAGE AGREEMENT" means. if it means something else and if there is other screen I should load up to "REVIEW AND CHECK", I would gladly appreciate some guidance.

as of now, thank you for your response but you HAVE LOST YOUR BET.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Nothing ventured...nothing gained...
Like most poorly designed sites it relies on Microsoft garbage and old technology.
Any variance from MS' formula brings problems..
That said...
IE9 is another attempt to force MS' new "standards" upon the masses ..
They have gone so far in making IE9 a NON-standard browser that they had to make a "compatibility" button (to force it back to current standards) so many sites would be again accessible by their "followers". Have you tried the "compatibility" button/switch? it FORCES IE9 to behave like IE8 with standard Internet communication protocols...
As sites stay rooted in the past with obsolete software such as (SVG) and Old MS server software you will find it will get even harder to access these sites

I will only run Windoz from within a Linux "window" to access kiatechinfo.com... with IE8.. Microsoft is too much of a security risk for me.. too many holes, updates,trojans,malware,spyware,and antiviral software problems.

You said " I would gladly appreciate some guidance."
You really shouldn't attack the persons who are trying to help you...
Dave

·
Registered
Kia Rio 3, 1.4 CRDI, 5 Door.
5 Posts
Windows 8 / I.E. 10 users.

Click the broken page icon next to the refresh button in the address bar then register.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts