Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2010 KIA Rondo LX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Carens is the last Kia to receive a Schreyer overhaul.

Paris show: New Kia Carens revealed | Autocar

The new Kia Carens has been revealed ahead of the Paris motor show.

Details of the new MPV are limited ahead of the show, but Autocar understands the new Carens will replace both the current model and the larger Sedona, which went out of production last year.

It is again set to be offered with both five- and seven-seat options, but the UK is only likely to take the latter.

The model is understood to be based on the new Cee'd platform and is likely to share its engine range with that model as a result. Its new design is most striking, the Carens being the only 'old' Kia still on sale from before Peter Schreyer's design revolution.

“This marks a dramatic shift forward for our MPV contender and brings the model in line with Kia’s distinctive current design direction, said Hyoung-Keun Lee, Kia CEO.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
here's those shots on the links. It's all new from the ground up.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
more shots have surfaced. It will be on a stretched Ceed platform with a 2750 mm or 108.3" wheelbase so it will accommodate the 7-passenger version.

·
Registered
2007 KIA Carens 2l CRDi Automatic LS. KIA Picanto 1.1 LX
229 Posts
Some times its hard to immediately like a new shape vehicle when you have been driving/caring for your own older shape one.

But I like the new Carens, we probably will not get the light interior here in the UK. We do not get the same choice as other countries.

A light brown/cream interior with a light/colour wood dash, now I would be tempted then.Pity about non sliding rear doors though.

·
Registered
2010 Rondo EX V6 5 passenger
223 Posts
I love the new upcoming Rondo, modern but not funky and I think it will beat the socks off the Mazda 5 even more than before. As much as I like my 2010 Rondo especially at the low price I paid for it, I intend to trade it in for a 2013 or 2014 Sorento as I want AWD which I believe will not be offered on the upcoming Rondo model. I want a V6 so the Sportage is out (don't want a turbo) and I don't like the limited rear and 3/4 visibility.

It looks like both the new Rondo and new Sorento will be introduced early next year along with the completely redesigned RAV4 without the trunk door mounted spare. An interesting battle I will follow closely before making my final decision. I tested the waters last week and my Kia dealer offers more for my trade-in than non Kia dealers. Toyota is clearing out the last 2012 RAV4's but I don't really like the interior, the truckish outdated look and the aforementioned spare and they have much less equipment than a 2013 Sorento for the same price; the warranty is not the same. The 2013 RAV4 will probably be offered with a minimal discount...if any! Toyota's reputation is still good and so is the resale value but that's only part of the equation.

·
Registered
'12 Soul + '12 Soul ! '12 VStar 1300T
221 Posts
conwelpic! I should have known you'd be one of the first to talk about the new 'Rondo'.

Of course,here I am too! My '08 Rondo was my first 'Import' & a darn nice car. My wife & I both have '12 Kia Souls that we love,but I would surely give a new Rondo a spin.

Cheers,bro!

·
Registered
2010 KIA Rondo LX
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Too bad because it is shorter, narrower and less high ... not really interesting to me. I like the interior and the new 6-speed automatic transmission for fuel economy. I'll keep my 2010 Rondo a very long time! Only problem, its really high fuel consumption even while driving wisely.

Here is a link for high resolution photos, it is as if we were in Paris.

Paris Motor Show LIVE: Kia Carens gets presented

·
Banned
130 Posts
The Carens is the last Kia to receive a Schreyer overhaul.

Paris show: New Kia Carens revealed | Autocar

The new Kia Carens has been revealed ahead of the Paris motor show.

Details of the new MPV are limited ahead of the show, but Autocar understands the new Carens will replace both the current model and the larger Sedona, which went out of production last year.

It is again set to be offered with both five- and seven-seat options, but the UK is only likely to take the latter.

The model is understood to be based on the new Cee'd platform and is likely to share its engine range with that model as a result. Its new design is most striking, the Carens being the only 'old' Kia still on sale from before Peter Schreyer's design revolution.

“This marks a dramatic shift forward for our MPV contender and brings the model in line with Kia’s distinctive current design direction, said Hyoung-Keun Lee, Kia CEO.
The dash instruments look a hell of of lot better than the absurd illogical ones on the new Cee'd NO permanent engine temp. gauge, you have to scroll through a awful Red virtually undecipherable temp. wrongly placed in the middle of the speedo could be dangerous , if used on the move. No odometer trip very inconvenient, and a dangerous damaging Not fit for purpose jacking system if used in an emergency on a busy dual carriage way.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Disbeliever - it would be helpful to us if you could provide your location and what you are driving - thanks

this is a quote from KIA Canada on there sales news

"Kia also revealed the all-new 2014 Rondo Urban Utility Vehicle at the Paris Motor Show last week. The all-new Rondo will be launched next year, as a Canadian-specific model in North America, offering the flexibility of up to seven passengers and versatility to meet the needs of growing families."

that confirms its definitely coming to Canada.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
not surprising that the Rondo will continue in Canada when you look at sales around the world. Here is the sales of the Rondo/Carens for September:

Canada - 715
Europe - 28
Eastern Europe - 12
Latin America - 161
Middle East - 451
Africa - 499
Asia Pacific - 40
China - 433

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
some specs I've found it comparison to the current 2012 Rondo.

Length - 178.1" vs current 178.9
Width - 71.1" vs 71.7"
height - 63.4" vs 65.0"
ground clearance - 5.9" vs 6.1"
wheelbase - 108.3" vs 106.3"

Note: the height of the new model is the same as the height for the current 2013 Soul.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts