Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shop Manual

Thanks! I downloaded this , but after looking at a number of the Word files still can't figure out which model year this manual is for. Did I miss something?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I downloaded this , but after looking at a number of the Word files still can't figure out which model year this manual is for. Did I miss something?
I found a reference on a link, it looks like the doc for the model BL12 2006

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I opened up the mechanical doc and went to the cooling sys. The water pump they show has a mechanical fan not an electric one. Do they make an engine for the Sorento that has a mechanical fan? I think this is a generic repair manual. The radiator they show has the drain plug on the front and on the 03 3.5 it's on the bottom of the radiator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I found the shop manual (30MB) on another Sorento website (UK's one if I remember), I uploaded it :

Workshop Manual Sorento

quite interesting

That link no longer works. I really am in need of the UK Sorento factory service manual. Can someone link me to an active download so I can get it?

·
Super Moderator
6,807 Posts
That link no longer works. I really am in need of the UK Sorento factory service manual. Can someone link me to an active download so I can get it?
just verified it - it does work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just verified it - it does work.
I tried it while in Ireland, and it did not work. I also tried it on my work PC in the US when I returned, and no go there either. I will try it again from home. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,807 Posts
I tried it while in Ireland, and it did not work. I also tried it on my work PC in the US when I returned, and no go there either. I will try it again from home. Thanks.
I can email you that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi

I have an iBookG4 running Mac OS X10.4.11 and microsoft Word etc. for Mac

It seems to work fine though the drawings are a bit feint and the structure and english are a bit unusual.

Pl. let us know how you get on.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody, this is my 1st post on any forum so bear with me. I have a 05 sorento and the fan only runs on 1,2 & 4speed. was told the rheostat needs replacing, can anyone explain how i do this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to the Kia Forum and this is my very 1st post here. Sorry for posting this on a sticky. I have just purchased a very clean 2nd hand 05 Sorento with low mileage. Its a 4X4 diesel (I was told 2.8L, but I'm only seeing references for a 2.2L & 2.5L Diesel engine).

I would like to have a repair manual for it to allow me to do some of my own maintenance and have tried the links on this thread without success. It could be my very slow dial-up connection. Any suggestions?

Also would like to know where I can determine which market my Sorento was built for. It was imported directly from Korea. Is there a way to determine this from the VIN number?

Many thanks... Dan

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to the Kia Forum and this is my very 1st post here. Sorry for posting this on a sticky. I have just purchased a very clean 2nd hand 05 Sorento with low mileage. Its a 4X4 diesel (I was told 2.8L, but I'm only seeing references for a 2.2L & 2.5L Diesel engine).

I would like to have a repair manual for it to allow me to do some of my own maintenance and have tried the links on this thread without success. It could be my very slow dial-up connection. Any suggestions?

Also would like to know where I can determine which market my Sorento was built for. It was imported directly from Korea. Is there a way to determine this from the VIN number?

Many thanks... Dan
Are you using Internet Explorer...if not, can you?

If you can get on this site you would be able to open up the service manual for the 05 Sorento and get all the answers you seek (strike this -- I think this site is for NA models only):
http://www.kiatechinfo.com/index.asp

The VIN number tells you what plant the vehicle was manufactured in. If you have a "5" in the 11 position of the VIN your 05 Sorento was manuafactured at the Hwasung Plant in South Korea. The first three number combinations do help to determine the marketed location on the planet...but the 05 Sorento service manual doesn't break it down.

Best advice I could offer is to look in the back of the owners manual for information on service manuals. If you don't have the owners manual, you'll have to contact your nearest Kia dealer for this information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many Thanks ~X3.

Since my original post, I have been able to determined the year (04) and engine size (2.5L). I have also located an owners manual & service manual. The OM that came with the vehicle is written in Korean (I think). There are a few differences between what I have found & what I have, but I'm certain I can eventually glean just about everything I would want to know about this vehicle from the internet.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
54 Participants
ssanzone
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing