Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
04 Carnival, 2.5L petrol (KV6)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to obtain a workshop manual for Carnival with the dreaded 2.5L (KV6) petrol engine? If so, from where? (I've checked http://www.kiatechinfo.com and it doesn't cover the KV6 engine).

Cheers,
Peter

·
Registered
07sedona lx 2000 nubira 74 beetle 86 cbr1000 honda 93 harley lowrider 94 trooper 72 scimitar
483 Posts
the kv6 engine was used in several other vehicles ie rover 75, landrover freelander,
so it may be possible to use a manual for one of these to cover the main engine components
ttfn glenn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Classic boy: Thanks, I'd tried 2 dealers here in Sydney all of whom claimed it wasn't available, so thanks for that, I'll keep at them, & try some other dealers.

Glenn: yes that's 'Plan B' if I can't get a genuine Kia one. One source suggests there are some differences (e.g. torque settings) with the Kia manufactured unit, others that its identical :confused:.

·
Registered
KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
561 Posts
I was told the same thing initially, but I emailed head office and insisted. It was delivered to my local dealer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure if it's any good but I have a .pdf of the GV6 DOHC petrol engine.

It's the 2497 cc engine.

It's 93 pages and 2.5 Mb if you want I can email it.

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Chris for your kind offer - I've sent you a PM with my email address (that size is no problem).

My attempt to get a genuine one via Kia Aust has been a fairly bizarre experience - I'll post the details for the 'collective knowledgebase'.

Peter

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Peter,

I resent the info this evening, for some obscure reason my server held the email I sent two evenings ago until it timed out.

Hope you get the info this time

Chris

·
Registered
Kia Carnival 2.5
3 Posts
Pls send me a copy to [email protected]
Your help make my blood pressure down...i have bought this secondhand kia carnival.
In malaysia there have a major problem with this engine but i will try to do it slowly by myself

·
Registered
2001 Kia Carnival 2.5L manual & 2000 Carnival Auto
320 Posts
The gent on ebay that sold the 2002 carnival/sedona workshop manual ($US40) for the diesel & 2.5 KV6 variant petrol was:

Schiff European Automotive
Maintained by:
schiffeuropean ( 7084 [Feedback score is 5,000 to 9,999] ) [eBay Store]
We stock Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogues and Workshop Manuals for ALL European, Japanese and Korean cars. We also stock high performance exhaust headers, mufflers and exhuast systems for ALL cars and trucks. If you need something not listed, call us at 401.946.4711 and we post the item on ebay.

I don't see it still listed but give them a go.
(See their feedback for past items description of the manual)
as the acrobat CD pdf's were good enough for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2.5L workshop manual

hi guys,
I know this post is fairly old, but im also struggling to find a workshop manual for a 1999 Kia Carnival.
Any help would be MUCH appreciated...
Thanks.

edit
- oh its a 2.5L petrol, automatic by the way. Built Nov 99

·
Registered
2001 Kia Carnival 2.5L manual & 2000 Carnival Auto
320 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Chris
I noticed on the forum that you might have a copy of the repair manual for a 2.5l v6 Carnival. I'm having clutch issues and having a hell of a time finding any info for it!!!
I would greatly appreciate ANY help!!
Thanks
TonyM..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts