Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got Netflix on my iPhone. Sometimes I listen or watch movies, radio, or TV episodes when I'm on WiFi. But never over my data plan.

So today I have my iPhone on the garage workbench, hooked up to some speakers, listening to some Star Trek episodes while I work.

But when I back out the Rio, I lose all my sound in the garage. And I'm like WTH?

Turns out, Rio Bluetoothed to the iPhone and took over the sound duties.

Now, in the garage, I just turn on the iphone to whatever, let it bluetooth to the Rio, and enjoy much better sound and volume!

I know its a cheap thrill, but take it when you can.... :)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Yeah once i found out the Bluetooth sends all media audio through the car speakers i ran right out and bought a universal vent mount for my phone.

So I have my Galaxy SIII loaded up with movies, mounted into my vent mount and the audio of the movie comes out nice and loud through the car speakers :) .... $25 for a vent mount, so if you dont mind a smaller screen, and don't want the risk of your car being broken into for a touchscreen DVD player. This option is for you !

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
or better still, find a mount that sticks to the inside of that stupid little box in the dash and you can retain your vent space! :)
the one that I've got can twist and tilt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts