Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car has been difficult to start since bought. At times it will start right up, other times it will crank over and over before starting. The other day the top of the radiator cracked and the engine stopped on my g-friend. Towed to the house bought new radiator and installed. Would not start. Took off front cover and checked timing belt there was alot of slack in the belt and very worn, possible 1-2 teeth have jumped. Replaced timing belt and timed out Cams and crank. Tried to start, still no luck. Removed gas regulator, had good gas flow, went to remove spark plugs, spark plug wire's end were Melted. Removed spark plugs and checked fire and it was good. Did a compression check on all cyclinders all four had aroughly 60 lbs. Injected alittle oil in the #1 cyclinder only raised compression about 5 lbs. Never quite ran into this reading before. Could someone please point me in the direction that i need to go?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It looks like either valves do not close completely (carbon, out of time) or the piston rings are worn.
Aldo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts