Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With much sadness, I have traded in my Borrego on a Sorrento. Time will tell as to whether or not this was a good decision. But the fact that it was only sold here for one model year and the warranty was about to run out, I decided to play it safe. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2009 Borrego
320 Posts
May be looking at trading in within a year. It's been a good vehicle but may be moving to a passenger car. May I ask what they gave you for it?

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May be looking at trading in within a year. It's been a good vehicle but may be moving to a passenger car. May I ask what they gave you for it?
$17,800 but with a trade in, you never know for sure. I did get it appraised at Carmax and they offered me $17,000 for it. Funny thing though. Nissan only offered me $13,500 (I had considered a pathfinder). Go figure.

PS I already miss the Borrego

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went from a 2013 Sorento to the Borrego and haven't looked back sense. Way more room than the Sorento and feels bigger to drive if you like the feeling that your driving a truck.

·
Registered
GSXR1000, Aprilia SXV550, Aprilia RSV4 Factory
146 Posts
Borrego vrs Sorento

It is really not a fair comparison. "Apples/Oranges" The Borrego is a true SUV and the (new) Sorento is a Crossover. While the Sorento (unibody/FWD) will give you a better (smoother) ride and probably better mileage, the Borrego is built on a truck platform (body on frame). The Borrego is capable of towing/hauling more. It all depends on what you want your vehicle to do. They are both great vehicles in their respective categories.
When it's time to give up my Borrego, I'm not sure what I will do. There is simply nothing else out there comparable (yet).

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is really not a fair comparison. "Apples/Oranges" The Borrego is a true SUV and the (new) Sorento is a Crossover. While the Sorento (unibody/FWD) will give you a better (smoother) ride and probably better mileage, the Borrego is built on a truck platform (body on frame). The Borrego is capable of towing/hauling more. It all depends on what you want your vehicle to do. They are both great vehicles in their respective categories.
When it's time to give up my Borrego, I'm not sure what I will do. There is simply nothing else out there comparable (yet).
The closest thing you can get now is a Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade.

Or find a last gen Explorer and Nissan Pathfinder.

·
Registered
GSXR1000, Aprilia SXV550, Aprilia RSV4 Factory
146 Posts
The Tahoe/Yukon will barely pull what the Borrego will pull and the gas mileage is bad (my son has one). It's the combination of attributes that make the Borrego work for me. Yes, there are individual features of many of the SUVs out there that I like better than my Borrego, but, collectively, none work as well as the Borrego (V8). For my needs anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts