Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2014 Sorento is brand new but what features would you include to your wish list for next year models.

Here are some ideas :

- Adaptive headlight system

- Front parking sensors

- Rain sensing front wipers

- Smart parallel park assist

- Front headlight washers

- Rear fog lights

- LED Daytime Running Lights

- LED high-mounted brake light

- AeroBlade-type front wipers

- Alloy pedals

- Lane departure warning

- Diesel engine

- Remote start via uvo app on smartphone

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
547 Posts
Already has led high brakelight - two rows.

Not listed but would like:
1 E-Services as per in U.S.
2. Adaptive cruise control that is available in the new 2014 cadenza
Assume means have front parking sensors.
3. Split foglight with cornering light in upper half - seen in South Africa model.

Would just as soon nothing new so that I would like so remain happy with my 2014 edition
I have however wondered whether E Services could be added as a firmware/software upgrade to the NAV system.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SXL
162 Posts
So far I have been very pleased with my SXL. But I too have some wish lists for the Kia Engineers if they read this. LOL

1 - Please let the sun roof close without having the sun shade close all the time.
2 - Rain Sensing Wipers! - Lord my 2010 Mazda 3 had rain sensing wipers and that was a $24K Car. You'd think at $40K that would be a given by now.
3 - DRL's! What the heck KIA. You give DRL's on the SX Sportage, SXL Optima. Even give the UK's the DRL's but skip us North America Folks.
4 - More 2nd Row room! I could go without that 3rd row and in return add a few more inches to that 2nd Row and you'd have a winner in the 2nd row comfort.

Thats it for now. I'm sure I could think of a few others but those are a few I think KIA Engineers should reconsider. =)

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
814 Posts
My 2001 Santa Fe had speed sensitive wipers...kind of. When set on intermittent, over 30km/h, i think, they would come on steady. It worked well.

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
547 Posts
Canadian Sorentos have DRL's as is a requirement here.

Rain sensors - strange that North American cars would have the sensor installed beside the mirror, tantalize us by a photo of it in the manual with a "if available" reference; but then make it non operative.

Agree with the suggestion of being able to close the sunroof without closing the sunshade.

Also agree with more 2nd row "knee room". Understand the 2014 added some room versus the 2013. But more room could result in need for extended dimensions resulting in a platform comparable to the extended version of the Sante Fe. Perhaps concede as the Sante Fe did that the current platform is 5 seater only with extended version as 7 seater. That might then allow for more room for 2nd row seats when don't have to be concerned with a 3rd row.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX-L, 99 Camry LE, 93 Turbo MR2
30 Posts
  • Glove box light (seriously? Why doesn't anyone do this anymore?)
  • A little more knee/leg room on passenger front side. I keep hitting the gear below the glove box.
  • Tug on rear hatch to have it auto close
  • Front parking sensors
  • Laser/Adaptive Cruise Control
  • A way to send verbal commands to your cell phone: "tell phone, text Jennifer, I'm on my way home"
  • Lower door curtesy lights (I think other countries have these lights in the door - my 93 MR2 has it)
  • A USB jack in the front arm rest so I can dock my iPod permanently and out of site (Yeah that's right, a useful jack hidden to toss any ipod with a busted screen for large amounts of storage).
  • A way to turn off the Navigation "recalculating..." verbal alert
  • Auto lock all doors and set alarm when you walk away from the car (sweet and lazy)
  • Power 3rd row pop out windows to get rid of that annoying ear popping buffering when you open a single window (Like this will ever happen)
  • A subwoofer in the rear and additional speakers. (While the system is good for a stock radio setup, the Pioneer head unit I tossed into my 99 Camry sounds far superior using stock speakers, especially the 3D imaging)
  • Memory Lumbar support (ha)
  • Cover up the noise/foam insulation stuff inside the front fender panels that you can see when the door is open. I worry about water and what it will do in there.
  • An option on the digital cluster to have the speedometer needle always on, full length and also the option to have it overlay the background information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts