Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't see my new (first phone !) Samsung Galaxy J3 orbit on the qi compatible list. Am I out of luck or should I try it again? Thank yu for the quick reply before

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the replies. I got the phone free with my Tracfone service on a deal for $99 for the year with a large block of MB included for phone/texting/internet. It was a good deal and for that price I can't complain that I will have to use a wire to charge the phone in the car or at home.
I love the car so if that's the worst part about it I'm still very happy !!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, Josuet - That link from Ebay for a wireless charger for my Samsung phone you posted is very inexpensive ! Would I just sit that charger pad on top of the Sorento charging pad and then put my phone on it? Is it that easy ? That would be great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Phone charging with a case

Additionally, the charging pad works perfectly with an Otterbox Defender case wrapped around my Samsung Galaxy s9+.
I had read that some cases prevent charging.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have n s8 and it works fine in my car. key note, buy a 90degree usb type c for using the android auto because the original usb type c is a little long and wouldn't let the phone sit flush on the charger unless i push it down and kinking the wire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, Josuet - That link from Ebay for a wireless charger for my Samsung phone you posted is very inexpensive ! Would I just sit that charger pad on top of the Sorento charging pad and then put my phone on it? Is it that easy ? That would be great.
So Chicago2018, did you ever get one of these and did it work? I have a Galaxy J3 and am wondering if I should spring for the 4 bucks. Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So Chicago2018, did you ever get one of these and did it work? I have a Galaxy J3 and am wondering if I should spring for the 4 bucks. Thanks.
Before I placed my order I was told you should not charge the phone unless it got down to around 40% or less because constant charging will kill the battery, so I just charge it at home or work when the charge gets low and never bought the item. Sorry. I did read some ofthe reviews and they said it gets very hot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Chicago2018
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing