Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2021 (1.6 T-GDi AWD, XL Prestige Line)
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
DangerMouseUK, could you tell me what firmware version you have of the multimedia system?

·
Registered
Sorento 2021
9 Posts
Sure it is;

Model: MQ4AH.S5BLC.AEU
Software: MQ4_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.200612
Firmware: MQ4_H.EUR.03.200420.MICOM
Nav App: STD5W.EUR.KMC.200423.8af9db6

I went in the engineer mode and saw the wifi system in there just not activated, which is pretty frustrating.

Also having weird issues with my aircon randomly blowing out different temperatures to different sides of the vehicle even when everything is synchronised at a set temp, one side will blow cold and the other side will blow hot and then the back will randomly do something else!

·
Registered
Sorento 2021
9 Posts
I've heard there's a slightly later revision;

21MY Gen 5 Wide EU 2020-2
Map Data and Software

GEN 5 Wide Map Software 2020-2.1
Map Data and Software

Not sure which but I think one of those two updates is newer than what we have on our cars.

Doubt it enables Wireless Carplay, that would be up to Kia Europe who are based in Germany and it looks like so far they haven't done it for some strange reason.

This is the UVO team's email ant the EU HQ; Email address: [email protected]kia-uvo.eu

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
My MAP version is EUR.12.47.52.556.402.2(D.G2). But I was just wondering if different EU markets gets different firmware versions. Apparently not, which is good in terms of future updates.

·
Registered
2021 blue sorento sx tundra 2008 limited
21 Posts
Sure it is;

Model: MQ4AH.S5BLC.AEU
Software: MQ4_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.200612
Firmware: MQ4_H.EUR.03.200420.MICOM
Nav App: STD5W.EUR.KMC.200423.8af9db6

I went in the engineer mode and saw the wifi system in there just not activated, which is pretty frustrating.

Also having weird issues with my aircon randomly blowing out different temperatures to different sides of the vehicle even when everything is synchronised at a set temp, one side will blow cold and the other side will blow hot and then the back will randomly do something else!
can you add option like mood lightning in the radio with engineer mode ?
if so only need to locate the piece from korea to add to a sorento

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It's not possible to enable anything via engeneering mode.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Am i wrong thinking canadian sx should have mood lightning dealer. Had no info and taking possession of my Canadian sx this Wednesday
Any other way to hack in the radio to enable software locked option found yet or are they regions blocked

·
Registered
Sorento 2021
9 Posts
Mike just to update you, had a software flash to try and fix my airconditioning issues which are apparently a known issue on the Sorento, didn't fix them but anyway here's the latest software, small update;

Software: MQ4_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.200923
Firmware: MQ4_H.EUR.02.200720.MICOM

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
This update is probably related to the S.O.S. button only.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any of you euro guys in a lhd country with mood lightning
If so i would need a quote for a diy project of mine to add mood lightning to Canadian sx trim
If i understand well id need 2 door trim and an led below dash panel see pic. And maybe a light module ?

if any 1 has a trip to dealer ship and has spare time to ask it would help me with my retrofit project 😅

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wonder if the new Galaxy s20 FE or s20+ will fit into the charging pad holder. I have a 2017 sxl but my new S20 FE phone is too big for the charging pad, Same thing with my wife's 2020 Sportage the phone wont fit.... Bummer.
I have the Samsung S20 FE and it fits perfectly fine.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
402 Posts
It only fits without a USB connected. My older Galaxy S8+ fits in my 2020 Sorento charging pad, but barely. With a USB plug of any kind connected, no go. I'm shopping for a new phone in any case, the S8 line doesn't have wireless Android Auto, and I'm hoping to get that working when AAWireless poops out their wireless adapter for the car.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
823 Posts
It only fits without a USB connected. My older Galaxy S8+ fits in my 2020 Sorento charging pad, but barely. With a USB plug of any kind connected, no go. I'm shopping for a new phone in any case, the S8 line doesn't have wireless Android Auto, and I'm hoping to get that working when AAWireless poops out their wireless adapter for the car.
Would it fit if you used a cable with 90 degree ends?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
My Note20 Ultra 5G fits with regular USB-C cable plugged in.

·
Registered
Sorento 2021
9 Posts
Mike, yes I noticed that too but yes thats what it said lol.

I use an Anker 90 degree lightning cable from Amazon with my iPhone Pro Max, its snug but it fits, with a standard cable it bends the cable.

Here's the picture;

·
Registered
402 Posts
Would it fit if you used a cable with 90 degree ends?
Nope, I bought two types of those, one is a 90 degree just like your picture, the other is a 180 that takes the cord behind the phone. Both took too much space and didn't allow the phone to lay flat. Since it was actually putting pressure on the USB connection to the phone, that's the worst possible thing to do, that's what kills that jack.

The Galaxy S8+ has less than 1/4" of play when laying flat in the box, and there's no USB cord that I've found that has a small enough protrusion to solve the problem.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX V6
50 Posts
Nope, I bought two types of those, one is a 90 degree just like your picture, the other is a 180 that takes the cord behind the phone. Both took too much space and didn't allow the phone to lay flat. Since it was actually putting pressure on the USB connection to the phone, that's the worst possible thing to do, that's what kills that jack.

The Galaxy S8+ has less than 1/4" of play when laying flat in the box, and there's no USB cord that I've found that has a small enough protrusion to solve the problem.
For my '17 Sorento (pre-wireless charging as an option), I ended up buying a wireless cradle that plugs into the cig lighter port and rigidly snakes up to the passenger side of the A/C controls. Look on Amazon for "B07Z37GX5C" - it has the added advantage of putting your phone up at a reasonable height so you can see the display.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well, the whole idea of Android Auto was that I wouldn't have to see the phone!!! :D

41 - 60 of 66 Posts