Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problem with 2009 kia rondo ex. The wiper blades are usually but not always swinging too far and hitting trim. I have pulled arms off knurl and tried to adjust this way but does not work. Sometimes the swipe is ok. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Since the extent of the swing is variable, it seems that the motor crank bearing has worn and is sometimes throwing the blades too far. Maybe the motor itself is loose on its mountings. I'm not sure how easy the mechanism is to access, but there's some ideas for you.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,805 Posts
2009 - isn't it still under warranty?

·
Banned
79 Posts
Exactly, not sure what your warranty is like, but here in Canada, my Kia Rondo has a 5 year warranty, or 100,000km. If my car was only 3 years old, and I had this problem, I would simply bring it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it, and that it should be under warranty, at least ASK them about it, it could be a common problem they've seen, a simple fix AND under warranty. Doesn't hurt to ask, questions are still free, I think? lol People are always raving about how good their warranty is for their Kia, but it seems that nobody actually likes to USE the freakin' thing! lol

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Good point about the warranty, although it's an idea to get a handle on the problem before asking the dealer, otherwise you'll get fobbed off. Also, it might be an easy fix, and this will avoid a trip to the dealer and maybe a wasted day.

This is particularly important with an intermittant problem. I had a Ford with a faulty instrument light/parking light switch; naturally it didn't play up when in for service, and "no fault found" was the report, this was despite a written description of the problem pointing out that it was intermittant. It was fixed by another Ford dealer in another town.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts