Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put winter tires with TPMS do I need to reprogram everytime i change the tires?

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX X-Line
82 Posts
Apparently not, as long as the winter wheels you're mounting have fairly modern TPMS sensors in them. Kias will just learn the four new ones, based on what I've read.

It'll be a treat compared to the many years of winter wheel mounting that I did on my Subarus. A little piece of electrician's tape covered the dash light up just fine, but it felt so archaic.

Reactions: JstGo

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently not, as long as the winter wheels you're mounting have fairly modern TPMS sensors in them. Kias will just learn the four new ones, based on what I've read.

It'll be a treat compared to the many years of winter wheel mounting that I did on my Subarus. A little piece of electrician's tape covered the dash light up just fine, but it felt so archaic.
Thanks Kaiser
I have the dealer telling me they are the only ones that can reset the car computer. According to them I need to pay every time I switch tires to reset the computer it only remembers 4 TPMS sensors. I am going to a tire shop to confirm, what the dealer has said does not make sense. This car can damn near dtive itself and stop itself but cant remember 8 tires?
KC

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line (Canadian Spec) - Aruba Stone Green
43 Posts
Have you decided if you are running 20's or downsizing to save cost? I'm looking at 17's but will likely end up with 18's, just trying to find reasonably priced non-steel rims so it still looks fairly nice.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you decided if you are running 20's or downsizing to save cost? I'm looking at 17's but will likely end up with 18's, just trying to find reasonably priced non-steel rims so it still looks fairly nice.
I have 18" Mags that are the same specs as my 20s. Going to use the 18" tire size that matches the car. I always drop a width for snows so 235 60 R18 are a good fit. Still working out the TPMS stuff I do not trust the dealer that they are the only ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts