Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra EX
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:beer: Hello everyone;

For my 2005 Spectra EX, I am looking for steel winter rims, to mount my winter tires on.
I am looking for wheel size info and where to get them.
Here in Nova Scotia - Canada; I cannot find steel rims that fits for my vehicle. Walmart has some listed, but the bolt patern is wrong. Canadian Tire, Car Quest and NAPA does not list any. The KIA Dealers has some regular steel rims, but they go for $175.00CND each. If you live in Canada or USA and can help with this one, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

TheIceAge05

·
Registered
107 Posts
Canadian Tire has them but they are not in the computer yet. They had to cross ref them from "the book".... here is the numbers you need.

X41545 is from the book I think, the part number in the computer is 09-6153.

Canadian Tire Fredericton NB, $59.99 with if I remember correctly, 10-15 in stock.

You can also get them at the Goodyear dealer Coast Tire. I checked them last year when I got the car. At that point they had to order them, again from "the book".... not sure what the part numbers are, $59.99.

Good luck.

d

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra EX
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:banana: Hello "ddire" :banana:

Went to Canadian Tire this morning and pick up four of those babies, and the fit right nice with the car and my winter tires.

:liebe011: very much for the info.

:grin: You have my vote for KIA Owner of the month!!! :amen:

TheIceAge05
:beer:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know a good place to get steel/winter wheels for the Spectra5 in the States—especially Michigan? Or are those X41545 tires mentioned above sold anywhere in the States? I could go to Windsor, Ontario to buy some, but I'd prefer to save the few-hour trip if I could just go around the corner or have them delivered.

I just discovered & joined this board to find out more about snow tires/wheels, so hopefully someone can help me. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, you need 4x114.5 (metric, standard is 4.5") rims with greater than 35 mm offset. I usually hit this site for wheel bolt pattern info:

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/KI...n_Reference.cfm

however, it seems as if they haven't updated the site for the new spectras.

I'm confident that you need 4x114.5 because I already put a set on, but I don't know the offset. Most FWD cars need 40mm or more to clear the brakes.

Go to ebay and search for rims. I got two sets of 4 on there for less than $100US.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My spectra 5 has 16 inch alloy wheels on it. I have a set of studded tires from my last car but they are 15 inch. I was looking to buy a set of rims that would fit the car as well as the tires that i have bought. Does anyone have any help for me as I live in Newfoundland and all the places that I have gone to tell me that I can't get winter rims for my car. thanks in advance for the imput.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Have you tried Canadain Tire? Or Coast Tire? They both have them..in 15, not sure about 16. I would get the 15's and run your older tires if they are in good shape.

d

·
Registered
29 Posts
Actually, i just went trough this. Make sure you get "direct fit" not "multifit". the multifit, uses the studs to centre the tire "stud-centric"and the direct fit uses the hub "hub-Centric". I just had a pair of multifit removed from my vehicle, the shaking was unbearable!.. went to kia, picked up a set of OEM rims @$64 a piece and now were smooth as glass.

As it was explained to me, "if you use the multifit, there is always a chance that the rim will not be installed 100% centred on the car....trust me this is not what you want . . . bouncy bouncy"

Geo.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra5
9 Posts
CAUTION USING THE X-41545 CTC #09-6153-2 STEEL RIMS

I have a spectra 5 (canadian model) it has the Goodyear eagle P205 50R16 on alloy rims with 4 bolt 4.5"dia. studs. The original equipment tire spec (on the door pillar) is P195 60R15. I tried to install the 15" X-41545 steel rims to put on some cheaper snow tires but on the front there is maybe 1/32" clearance between the brake housing and the rim. As anyone knows in northern ontario (or any place that gets snow/ice) if you get some wet snow in that gap and it freezes, you will do some serious damage if your rim is frozen solid to your brake. Anyway, I'm back at square one for snow tires. Any other solutions out there ?

Options
- Use existing 16 rims and look for p205 50r16 snow tires
- Buy new steel 16 rims and snow tires

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra EX
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by primitivepete@Nov 25 2005, 10:06 AM
CAUTION USING THE X-41545 CTC #09-6153-2 STEEL RIMS........I tried to install the 15" X-41545 steel rims to put on some cheaper snow tires but on the front there is maybe 1/32" clearance between the brake housing and the rim. As anyone knows in northern ontario (or any place that gets snow/ice) if you get some wet snow in that gap and it freezes, you will do some serious damage if your rim is frozen solid to your brake.

:beer: Hello there "primitivepete"

I was warry of this 1/32" clearence, but if you compare to the original equipment 15" styled wheel from Kia, the clearance is about the same. Needless to say, when I asked the local Kia service dealer for a winter rim, they had the same specs. for their regular steel rim than the one from CTC 09-6153-2. The dealer is not worry of the clearance. Brake calipers are monted in such a way that snow, ice of road gravel would break before causing any damage.
MyTwOcEnTs. :amen:

TheIceAge05

·
Registered
10 Posts
Go to summittracing.com and get some 4 lug wheel spacers. I put nissan 240 wheels on my accord, and then on my kia. Both the kia and accord had clearance issues, and the wheel spacers worked great. They're cheap too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts