Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I checked with both of the Kia dealerships in Winnipeg this morning about winter rims for our Rondo, and boy was I shocked at their answer. In both cases, I was told that steel winter rims from Kia cost a little over $200 each :eek:. When I asked them if they were quoting a price for alloy rims, they both said no. According to them, the steel rims are almost as pricey as the alloys (which they said was about $300). The parts guys at both dealerships then said that I would be better off getting the rims from a third party, such as Canadian Tire, etc.

I checked with Canadian Tire and they had no winter rims listing for the Rondo. They did, however, have listings for the Magentis (or the Optima as it is known in the U.S.). Since the Rondo is built on the Magentis platform, is it safe to assume that Magentis rims would fit on the Rondo?? Also, I checked the Costco website and while they list winter tires for the Rondo, they don't specify if they also carry winter rims for the Rondo. Has anyone been able to obtain winter rims for the Rondo from Costco?

Thanks in advance for any replies to the above questions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I checked with both of the Kia dealerships in Winnipeg this morning about winter rims for our Rondo, and boy was I shocked at their answer. In both cases, I was told that steel winter rims from Kia cost a little over $200 each :eek:. When I asked them if they were quoting a price for alloy rims, they both said no. According to them, the steel rims are almost as pricey as the alloys (which they said was about $300). The parts guys at both dealerships then said that I would be better off getting the rims from a third party, such as Canadian Tire, etc.

I checked with Canadian Tire and they had no winter rims listing for the Rondo. They did, however, have listings for the Magentis. Since the Rondo is built on the Magentis platform, is it safe to assume that Magentis rims would fit on the Rondo?? Also, I checked the Costco website and while they list winter tires for the Rondo, they don't specify if they also carry winter rims for the Rondo. Has anyone been able to obtain winter rims for the Rondo from Costco?

Thanks in advance for any replies to the above questions.
I ordered mine (15 inch rims) from tirerack.com at 46.00$ US each. The Rondo rims are listed over there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought 15" Rims from TireRack Oct /07:

4 15x6.5 5-114 et42 cb67 st new In Stock $44.00 $176.00
4 205/65QR-15 Bridgestone Blizzak REVO 1 In Stock $70.00 $280.00

We just bought a Sedona 2008-the Kia 16" Steel Wheels are $129/each!!
We just bought aftermarket steelies from Steelcase Tire for $60 each (they had to find ones that fit, since there is nothing in the 'book' for aftermarket Sedona Wheels.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Since the Rondo is based on the Optima, has anyone checked to see if the Optima wheels will fit ?? Probably pick up some pretty inexpensively at a wrecking yard, if they fit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the link, Conwelpic.

One more question to those who installed winter tires on their Rondos last year. Do the stock lug nuts on the Rondo's alloy rims fit on the steel winter rims, or do you have to get new lug nuts for the steel rims?? The reason I am asking is that the lug nuts on my last vehicle with steel rims were open at the end and if my memory serves me well, the tip of the stud stuck out of the nut a bit. The lug nuts on the Rondo alloys, on the other hand, have a closed end and I'm wondering if they are deep enough to allow proper tightening without the tip of the stud hitting the closed end of the lug nut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts