Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
sportage 2 satnav fwd & rev cam
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
2013 1.7 diesel Sportage 2 The mirrors fold in and out OK but wont move when I try to adjust the position of the mirror using the switch on the drivers arm rest. They used to work fine. I don't have heated glass just standard and I have checked the two fuse boxes but I can't see a fuse for them in the engine compartment or in the cabin.
I am hoping for a quick fix so I don't have to waste a day at the dealers.
Any ideas
Thanks
Colin

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
do they do it both or just 1 mirror? Did you change the small middle flicker switch to the side you want to adjust? It might be that a connector got loose from the switch if both mirrors are doing the same.

·
Registered
sportage 2 satnav fwd & rev cam
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Thanks for that.
Yes I did change the little flicker switch and as I said they had been working fine.
It is both mirrors that are not working so I am assuming (as you said) a loose connection somewhere. I have emailed the Kia technical help and am waiting for them to come back to me. I will update later.
Thanks
Colin

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
the fuse for the mirror adjust should be in the inner fuse box, fuse no 5. it is a 10 amp fuse. i doubt that it is the fuse because it also controls the power tilt and the rear park buzzer. so i would thing that a connector might came lose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts