Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I've been on www.maxdax.com and they have got some (really cool) wing mirror covers, they replace the original covers. Has anyone else seen some of these somewhere else?

Also, Does anyone know where to get a kit to make the wing mirrors fold in at the flick of a switch (or button, im not fussy).

Kevin.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, i've installed the side mirror with signal light. But i didn't get it from Maxdax..... It's really cool now after the installation. We actually need that signal light from the side mirror, cos for asia pican, we do not have any side signal light.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would getting the mirror covers fitted affect the warranty as it would be going into the wiring?

Kevin.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Definately no, coz the wiring is very simple, going into the fuse box only. Anyway my installation was done by Kia appointed accessory shop. They know about kia wiring system well. Just a additional lite will not cause you any harm. :)

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
200 Posts
Originally posted by jjomal@Sep 18 2005, 09:09 AM
Definately no, coz the wiring is very simple, going into the fuse box only. Anyway my installation was done by Kia appointed accessory shop. They know about kia wiring system well. Just a additional lite will not cause you any harm. :)
I wanna get one too. How much did u pay for it?

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My mirror covers came colour coded, pictures in the 'Garage'.

Covers to the UK cost:
£65 I think for the covers
£40 for fitting

Kev.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Picanto
85 Posts
are there other covers for the pica? :p
I don't like the stars :blush:
A simple stripe of light is enough ;)

:liebe011: :liebe011:

Philip

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Tazteam@Jan 30 2006, 09:47 PM
are there other covers for the pica? :p
I don't like the stars :blush:
A simple stripe of light is enough ;)

:liebe011: :liebe011:

Philip
I thought the same and have even thought of tinting the stars but the mirrors on the Picanto are quite large so I feel it needs 'something' there otherwise it may look strange.

Kevin.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Picanto
85 Posts
I found on a German site these lights, only in blue color :blush:
Just looking for orange or amber color, blue is not alllowed in Holland.

Philip

·
Registered
2006 Kia Picanto
85 Posts
:bwekk: Here a pic of our mirror covers :bwekk:

How to do.......................

I used very big leds (10 mm) 5 pcs in every cover. :haha: :haha: :haha:
The bulbs are cristel clear, and when they light....................Yellow.
How it will be if it lights up, I don't know yet, because I'm waiting for the last parts.
I hope that next week the parts will be delivered, so the projekt will soon be ending.................... ;) ;) ;)

Philip

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
246 Posts
Very nice...might have to do that to mine :) :clap:

·
Registered
2006 Kia Picanto
85 Posts
Originally posted by RhyThM-CruNcHeR@Mar 29 2006, 07:27 PM
yo tazteam...congrats on the wonderful accomplishment. Outstanding! now tell me...did u have to drill 10mm holes on the covers to place those leds?
Yes,I had to drill 5 holes of 10mm each :blush:
Its very easy to do, because the cover is very soft plastic.
First of all, you must put a little tape on the cover, here on you can create your line of LEDS before drilling.

Philip

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
Those from Malaysia can tell where to get those mirrror cover with lights, hard to fine picanto mod anywhere, can advise??

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
200 Posts
Originally posted by sckew@Apr 19 2006, 02:03 PM
Hi,
Those from Malaysia can tell where to get those mirrror cover with lights, hard to fine picanto mod anywhere, can advise??
Man, basically there are no mods for Picanto just yet. all you gotta do is choose for the rize size and brand you're going for. As long as it is rite, you're still good. For example, there are not many springs our there that can be used on a Picanto just yet. The only ones u can have for now are Eibach and H&R springs which are costly. So you might as well just wait (like me) for more to come soon. Even an extractor for the Picanto isn't out by Speedworks yet! I am still waiting excitedly for it because I wanna change my piping to 4.2.1. Anyhow, you gotta survey hard an well because when the first few times I went to survey in Sunway especially, they didn't bother to help. But you gotta keep coming everyday and bug them. Then they know u have the hearts for it and the cash, so they'll assist u. Ask some of ur friends that have experience with car modding. Don't go for the really cheap stuff. go for the branded but not so expensive stuff. good luck to u and all the best bro!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts