Kia Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia sorento
20 Posts
Took the three screws off the front wheel well and silicone the housing till I get the time and part. But since then I have been noticing the oil Consumption issues Kia been having, is now affecting my Kia

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sedona
3 Posts
Encountered the same issues on my 2016 Kia Sedona. Found a YouTube video of someone replacing the entire windshield washer tank, only to find a crack in the washer pump on the bottom of the tank after removing everything. I found the same crack on mine. I used JB Weld to see if that holds and worst case, if it occurs again, I will buy the washer pump and replace it entirely. $38.00 part on Amazon.

I believe the white coupler that slides over the male pump piece is to thin and between the cold and vibrations, it caused a crack to occur.

After JB Weld
View attachment 113171
For what it’s worth, my JB Weld fix held up for almost 1yr and while changing the engine oil tonight I noticed it leaking again. Guess I will break down and order a new one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Kia sorento
20 Posts
That's hilarious... $140 to diagnose a known issue they know about already. Even $150 for parts/labor is ridiculous, especially when it's a defective design. The genuine replacement pump cost me $28. Dealer cost is probably $15. Even with me puzzing around with it, it only took me about 40min to install the new one. A Kia service tech can probably knock it out in 10 min.
Yea I bought the pump off Amazon, turn wheel all the left, popped three screws /holders, held it open with my left shoulder pulled pump and seal out replace new pump and new seal pop holder in then screws 15 mins

21 - 23 of 23 Posts