Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 KIA Soul !
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 KIA Soul exclaim.
The windshield washer fluid bottle leaks where the neck meets the bottle.
The dealer ordered a new one, but i am not sure how hard it is to replace.
I don't really want them to take the car all apart.
Does anybody know what all is involved?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,415 Posts
You have 3 choices.

1. Let them do it. They know how to take cars apart and put them back together, its their job. If you want it done under warranty for free this is your only option.

2. You buy it and do it yourself.

3. Don't do anything and let it leak.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
as spongebob says, it under warranty let them take care of it. I suspect they will have remove the front bumper due to its low right front location - its big bottle. Just take a look at its location and you will see, unless they can get at it from underneath by removing the right front wheel and then the wheel well liner.

Would be helpful for future conversations if you could fill out your Location and Drives profile on the left side so it shows up with each posting - thanks.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Soul !
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the information.
That is what i wanted to know.
I think i will let it leak. The car is so tight and quiet now, i just don't want them to mess with it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
there is actually nothing much to removing the front bumper cover and its not an area where squeaks would happen. However, you could probably do the repair yourself with some plastic glue for that purpose, actually I would consider doing that if not extensive. Sometimes the odd small thing is not worth the gas to go to the dealership.

You didn't fill out your Location.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Soul !
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are right, I think if i can clean the area and put some clear
silicone glue on the seam it will be fine.

It's a 2 hour round trip to the dealer.

Thanks again. :beer:

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
You are right, I think if i can clean the area and put some clear
silicone glue on the seam it will be fine.

It's a 2 hour round trip to the dealer.

Thanks again. :beer:
your welcome but we still don't know where you are located :D My dealer is about a 90 minute round trip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SAME ISSUE ON MY kIA c'EED

My windscreen washer bottle is leaking badly. I suspect a recent spell of cold weather has cracked it. Any ideas as to whether this is covered under the 7 year warranty?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,590 Posts
My windscreen washer bottle is leaking badly. I suspect a recent spell of cold weather has cracked it. Any ideas as to whether this is covered under the 7 year warranty?

It would only be covered under your basic warranty it would NOT be part of your powertrain warranty.Your washer bottle has nothing to do with your engine or transmission.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
if cold weather cracked it, then it did not have the proper fluid in it, so no warranty would cover that, its not defective. You can always remove it and plastic weld it :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts