Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Further to the topic "Mysterious button what does it do?" it appears that mine is not working. I took it to the dealer who spent two hours checking the switch which is OK and the windscreen element which is OK but were stumped after that. It appears they don't know where the relay is located, the only diagrams they have are for left hand drive cars not right hand drives. Does anybody know where the relay for this system on the right hand drive Sorento is located?

Simeon

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Should be in the fuse box under the bonnet.
Also check fuse 1 in the drivers footwell fuse box.

What are the symptoms again, and who's your dealer? Mantles?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right the symptoms are that pressing the button does zip, not even the light on the switch illuminates. My dealer is Boongate Kia in Peterborough.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right further to the saga, my dealer are adamant that the relay is not under the bonnet. Fuse 1 in the kick panel is fine and so is the 40A square shaped fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. I'm not 100% sure that this fuse is linked to the windsheild de-icer but from what I can make out of the book it is protecting WSH 15A. My dealer is saying that Kia UK are not sure of the location og the relay but feel it is behind the dashboard somewhere. It is now booked in for a days work. :blink:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem sorted!

It appears the switch was wired wrongly (the words of the dealers tech).

Could this simply be a plug on the back of switch orientated incorrectly?
Could this have happened on radio fit?

I cannot see a thing like this getting past an asian car manufacturing country's quality assurance system.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
No real way you can fit the switch plug wrongly, it can only go one way.
Maybe a pin had been pushed back out, possible, seen it happen a few times on various connectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts