Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 Sportage last week. I noticed the driver's door window slips out of place when rolling it up. It gets about half way up then stops until you use your hand to push the glass backward and level it, then it goes the rest of the way up. I've seen this problem on American cars that;s caused by a bad bushing on the regulator. Is it the same on these?

Also the front passenger window sometimes makes a scraping sound when it rolls up.

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Sounds like your window track broken,dislodged .or the felt is worn out. Sounds like your window regulator is still working. I would remove the door panel then operate the window to fine the problem.Door panels are e/z to remove, two screws,pop out the push in clips with putty knife . Remove the clip for the door handle. Unplug the window switch. Push the door panel up an pull out to remove.On the passenger side sounds like a similar problem. You can try cleaning the tracks with a tooth brush and applying silicone to the tracks.I found using compressed air also aids in removing dirt in the tracks.
Hope this helps
chief

1 - 2 of 2 Posts