Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced issues with wind noise on the drivers side (at least in North America) as some have experienced with the Rondos.

This is probably a problem of just a few millimeters of a gap that lets a signficant amount of wind noise in the car, particularly during a crossbreeze or windy day - but Kia has yet to figure out a way to fix it, leaving a lot of owners in the lurch, with both Kia corporate or the dealers seemingly taking a view that if they give owners the runaround long enough, they'll eventually get tired and go away.

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-carens-rondo-forum/49772-driver-side-window-noise.html

Additional Rondo owners report a tendency to have the car pull to one side (the right) and again in many cases Kia has not been able to correct the problem

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-carens-rondo-forum/42517-problem-pulling-right.html

I'm just wondering if new Forte owners have experienced either of these problems - and would advise buyers to be on the lookout for such issues when they take test drives.

In other words, as you're considering a purchase, pay attention to detail, and be VERY wary if you hear the famous last words have been what must be a corporate joke at Kia: "Don't worry about it - the warranty will cover it!"

·
Super Moderator
6,807 Posts
swampyankee22,
don't scare me!! I was almost sure that the same issue was developed in Forte

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've had my Forte SX for 2 and a half weeks now...only been up to 65 MPH (don't have interstate within an hour drive)...haven't noticed any wind noise or alignment problems. I have yet to find anything negative about my Forte SX yet. Don't have any complaints about the comfort, performance, driving, gas mileage, looks, etc., etc...well, that's not true...I got the windows tinted the first week and I still have bubbles in two of the windows...the installer promised me they would go away but they sure are taking a long time...but that's not Kia's fault...LoL!

·
Registered
407 Posts
swampy in Rhode Island...the only time I expect noise at the driver's window and a pulling to the right is when the 'law' pulls me over for some infraction (of which I'm innocent, of course...I swear).

·
Registered
152 Posts
I get a wind noise only when i'm over 110km/h and the sunroof is closed (window part) but the inside insulating thing is open. I went to the dealer with this and it turns out that its the antenna that makes the noise. Wierd huu. Apperantly because of the way the antenna is designed with the cable wrapped around it, it whistles when going at high speeds. No pulling to left yet either. I did however speak to my service manager and he has had people come back with that issue on many of the cars... he says that its mainly on the cars that go on train rides after being shipped over and its due to the shipper tightening one side down too much... not sure if that makes sense or not.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Since my post above we have driven on the interstate and have been up to 80 MPH -- didn't have any wind noise or whistling. Where is it coming from on your cars?

·
Registered
54 Posts
with the driver side window down...thats when i hear it, i havent tested whether or not if i roll down the back or all windows down if it still occurs but it is annoying. test it with just ur driverside window half way down and then all the way down.

·
Registered
169 Posts
RE: Forte tracking issues

Due to the CTBA (Coupled Torsion Beam Axle) rear suspension. On PDI it is possible that some Forte's were pulled down to tight and the beam is now out. It happens.

To check, with a tape measure, measure the width across the rear wheels on the outside, then again on the inside. Make sure the tape is in the same tread for both measurements. If the resulting numbers are not within a couple mm, the beam is out and will need replacing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
gripphard
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing