Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 kia sorento lx
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INNOVA 3150 ABS / SRS + Professional CanOBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner for OBDII Vehicles .

if not, which hand held should i get. not wanting to spend too much. if anyone know of a cheaper one that will do the job, im listening. i just replaced the tps and it still cuts out. it will run fine for awhile, then when i kill te engine and go to start it up again in a few hours, it wont start. i pulled relay and fuse. also disconnected battery, to reset. i need to know what keeps causing it to quit running. so i am looking for handheld diagnostic thatwill give cccodes, so i will know how to proceed. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
INNOVA 3150 ABS / SRS + Professional CanOBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner for OBDII Vehicles .

if not, which hand held should i get. not wanting to spend too much. if anyone know of a cheaper one that will do the job, im listening. i just replaced the tps and it still cuts out. it will run fine for awhile, then when i kill te engine and go to start it up again in a few hours, it wont start. i pulled relay and fuse. also disconnected battery, to reset. i need to know what keeps causing it to quit running. so i am looking for handheld diagnostic thatwill give cccodes, so i will know how to proceed. thanks for any help.
If you've got an Android phone, pick up a $5 app called "Torque" and a $10-$20 bluetooth odbii adapter. It will give you live readouts, engine codes and other troubleshooting information, as well as "fun" things like a digital dashboard and fuel economy stats with gps mapping. That $160 scanner may come in handy if you've got to read the SRS or ABS systems, but that doesn't seem like that's where your problem lies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts