Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did not get any action on my last thread so I thought I would ask a different question that may be common knowledge. I have an 04 rio, with no engine. I need to put an engine in the car and I am having a hard time finding a 1.6 for a decent price. So I am wondering if a 1.5 from the ealier year Rio's will bolt right in??? Same mounts? Same harness plugs? Stock ecu? Same transmission? Plug and play? Please let me know if you can give me some helpful info. on this. Thanks.

this is the only thing I saw on google

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Will_a_2003_KIA_Rio_engine_fit_a_2004_KIA_Rio

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,951 Posts
cardana24...
Your last got no action but was read by others...
This probably meant no one had an answer of value to your original post.
You can always use a "bump" post to keep your original post alive and not lost over the days/weeks.
I personally do not have an answer for you so I did not replay to your first one.
Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cardana24...
Your last got no action but was read by others...
This probably meant no one had an answer of value to your original post.
You can always use a "bump" post to keep your original post alive and not lost over the days/weeks.
I personally do not have an answer for you so I did not replay to your first one.
Dave
Hey Dave, thanks for that. Yes, I know how to bump theads, but I was thinking this may be an easier question, or something that more people would know the answer to. I am trying to make a decision if I should scrap my shell or not so I am anxious to figure out what engine options I actually have before I make the decision.

Is there a more active Rio forum than this one? I am new to Kia's so I don't know all of the ins and outs yet.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,951 Posts
This forum is pretty active and draws posters from around the globe.
You could try "Rio Forums.com" they "look" new but they seam to be more into modifications and performance.

I saw your link to "wiki" but the answer was not backed by any facts and was anonymous...Something I personally would not hedge a bet on let alone my money.

RIOs of your vintage demand a premium on engines as many were never maintained properly (timing belts @ 60k miles) and were of a "KIA" design and limited supply ... Later RIOs used the Hyundai design and are plentiful and low priced on the replacement market.

Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This forum is pretty active and draws posters from around the globe.
You could try "Rio Forums.com" they "look" new but they seam to be more into modifications and performance.

I saw your link to "wiki" but the answer was not backed by any facts and was anonymous...Something I personally would not hedge a bet on let alone my money.

RIOs of your vintage demand a premium on engines as many were never maintained properly (timing belts @ 60k miles) and were of a "KIA" design and limited supply ... Later RIOs used the Hyundai design and are plentiful and low priced on the replacement market.

Dave
Thanks for the advice. I'll check out Rio forums. I know the wiki link is not great that's why I posted it here and still asked the question.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked out Rioforums and there is not much there. I called the local dealership. I talked to the parts guy and he asked a technician and neither of them knew the answer to my question. So I tried a local junkyard...same answer, they did not know either. Anyone have the hook up on cheap 1.6 03-05 engines!???????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts