Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have this strange thing with my Picnato SE...

The door will unlock and lock fine with the remote key, but bearing in mind the amount of times the button gets pressed in my pocket (thank god the car re-locks) I thought i would see how easy it would be to open the car with the key. I put in the key, turn it, the locks go up.... Fine its unlocked. then soon as i open up a door the alarm goes off..... sigh. Same with the boot. Is this normal? What happens if the battery goes flat? Most bizzare, is this a design feature/flaw? or is it just mine playing up?

Very strange in any event..... What happens to the key only cars?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on the subject.

Mike

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
If you lock the car with the remote then it must be unlocked with the remote but after unlocking you can lock it no problems! BUT not using the remote means the car alarm wont be set.

Kevin.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
IIRC, if the car is locked with remote, alarm is set, if you unlock it with key, alarm goes off.. all correct so far, not 100% but the alarm 'should' switch of when you turn the igntion on, as the system recognises your key so switches security off.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:clap: Great stuff! Thankyou :) does seem strange though, glad i dont use the key often! will the alarm still work if you lock with the key?

Mike

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Originally posted by completechimp@Sep 6 2005, 10:43 PM
:clap: Great stuff! Thankyou :) does seem strange though, glad i dont use the key often! will the alarm still work if you lock with the key?

Mike
No it'll only work with the remote. But if you lock with the key and the button catches in your pocket then it'll still unlock/lock it so you might aswell use the remote.

Kevin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts