Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 sorentoLX with the gdi and the 6 speed auto. The same car in other countries are rated to tow considerably more. Is this just a corporate marketing decision or are there any physical differences between a sorento lx in America and one that is sold in australia or the uk?

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
Is it a 4cyl, or V6? If it's the 2.4 4cyl I believe it's only rated for 2000lbs with trailer brakes.

Europe is a little more daring, less stringent on safety then the good ole USA nannies. :rolleyes:

That's why more diesels are sold in europe as well. They are less about getting into your own personal business.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
How much do you think 180ft/lbs (peak!) is going to be able to haul in ADDITION to the 2 tons it's already carrying? If you need to tow serious loads, get the V6. If you abuse the 4-banger and its transmission with heavier loads, you're just going to break something.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
What did you expect you bought a 4 BANGER. Even with gdi its still a 4 banger.:D
I would upgrade to a v6 as others have said if you want to tow anything more than a thousand pounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts