Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sorento EX
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Sorento..I have most of the "automatic" functions (door lock/unlock) shut off. When I shift from part to reverse I get a "beep". I cannot find anyhting in the manual to address that. Any clues?

·
Registered
2014 Sorento EX
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the explanation. It is just another minor issue that is not addressed in the owner's manual. I thought maybe it was a signal form the IRS or NSA that I was being watched.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX- mine, 2012 Hyundai Azera- Mom's
79 Posts
It's actually your reverse sensors letting you know they are active. If you turn them off via the button you should not hear the beep.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SXL 2WD, 1961 Triunph TR4 Roadster
712 Posts
I also found out that even a very thin coating of ice (can hardly be seen) can cause false sensor alarms!

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX- mine, 2012 Hyundai Azera- Mom's
79 Posts
Mine also gives a short beep as soon as it is put into reverse. I think it's just a reminder to listen for the noise/system check kinda thing.

·
Registered
Sorento EX V6 AWD
266 Posts
My EX V6 doesn't beep when I put it in reverse, only if something is behind my truck, like when it's in the garage, there's 'stuff' behind it, about a foot away from the back of the truck so, it beeps. But if I'm out on the road and put it in reverse, no beep because nothing is behind me.
Are you sure about that? I have the EX too and it does beep once whenever it's put into Reverse, and the rearview camera activates. Perhaps you have the radio volume up louder and you don't hear the faint beep?

·
Registered
Sorento EX V6 AWD
266 Posts
I also found out that even a very thin coating of ice (can hardly be seen) can cause false sensor alarms!
Yes I had the same thing a few times during the winter. Anything covering the sensors can cause a false reading as the sensors are ultrasonic and rely on sound waves bouncing back to the sensors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts