• none4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2014 kia rio ex , ford van
193 Posts
been a ford guy forever . wanted to buy a ford focus hatchback ,but the reviews were horrible . trans problems ,shift problems ,more bad reviews then good .
so i started researching the kia rio . everyone raved about it . hardly any bad talk . everyone loved their kia and no mention of any trans problems .
price was right and gas economy right up there with the focus .wanted a white rio hatch but settled for a silver because we wanted a ex trim and got a good deal on a 2014 with a little miles on it .
so far so good .

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX 2.0T
226 Posts
I had been impressed with the Sorento in 2013 when looking for a small SUV. In the end we decided to go with the smaller and more fuel efficient Mazda CX5. The cx5 didn't work out that well for us and when we went looking for a larger vehicle the Sorento was definitely on our radar. The 2016 was on the front page of Consumer Reports annual car issue and won it's category for reliability. A brief test drive of an EX Turbo was enough to bring us back for a second look. In the end we decided to go for the SX turbo and it is a very impressive vehicle. Very solid and has a high quality feel to it that most of it's competitors could not compete with. Time will tell how it works out for us. One selling feature for us was the excellent warranty. To bump the warranty up to 7 years was much cheaper than on other vehicles that had only 3 yr coverage.

·
Registered
98 Kia sportage
43 Posts
I needed a ride asap didn't care what it was. Found my 98 sporty for $300. And fell in love with it got 250k on it now soon to do a motor swap

·
Registered
Sorento LX 2014
70 Posts
Bought my 2010 Kia Soul in July 2009 when the Fed's did the cash for clunkers deal. Traded in my Olds Silhouette mini van and got $3500 off the exclaim model. Out the door it was $15,900 after everything added on (tax, title, plates). It was a cheap new car and I loved the 100k warranty. Didn't need to use the warranty at all because that Soul just didn't have any issues. I loved that car. Then last week my wife totaled it on her way to Michigan. She and my two kids were not hurt at all which goes to show how safe the car is. But she killed the car I loved :(

Bought a 2014 Kia Sorento yesterday used from the car lot. So far I love it. It doesn't have the same sound system as my Soul had but I can live with it. Same controls so I'm not feeling lost with the new car features. It doesn't have a warranty but hopefully it will be like my Soul was and not need any warranty work.

·
Registered
2016 Forte5
114 Posts
I'd intended to buy a Focus to replace the one that had been totaled in an accident, and the local Kia dealer had several in stock. The salesman I spoke to mentioned that with all the incentives, it might be worth considering a new leftover 2016 Kia Forte over a used car.

A new car had never even crossed my mind, but for the cost of a nice dinner out every month, I'd get a warranty and be able to make sure the car was properly maintained from day one. I wasn't too crazy about the choices - they literally had 4 or 5 cars completely identical to the one I bought, right down to their sequential VINs. On the other hand, I didn't have to worry about making any decisions about colors or options!

Initially I wasn't too crazy about the white, but I test drove it on an overcast day and bought it at night, so I didn't even get to see how great the pearl paint looked in sunlight until after I'd taken it home.

I think what sold me on it was how the Forte reminded me of some of the best cars of the 90s. It just had that feel of being well designed without being overly complicated, and I liked that a lot. Additionally, the impressive cargo capacity for the small size was another big selling point.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage SX AWD
69 Posts
First Warranty, Price a close second then Looks. I figured if the warranty was not being honored then there would be a big stink about it all over the web.

I need a dependable car, hopefully the warranty will be a good indicator.
I get to find out what my local service center is like tomorrow.

Ciao
Replying to myself from message #16 back in 2005.
After some initial hiccups at the service center, my Spectra5 SX was the reliable car I was hoping for. The service at the dealership was also pretty much excellent (except for the first couple of visits requiring warranty work that the tech was not getting right). Except for gas, the cost of ownership was minimal. I never felt I was overcharged for the maintenance work.

In February, I bought a 2017 Sportage SX. This is the first time I've ever repeat purchased from an automobile manufacture. Sure I looked at other CUVs before getting the Sportage, but the overall excellent customer service I received was a significant factor in sticking with Kia (as well as value). I hope it remains so.

·
Registered
2020 Forte5 GT
11 Posts
The design/look brought me in the door, then after pricing out a Tiguan to a Sportage you get more for your money. Plus the Sportage looks like a poor guys Macan haha...

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
77 Posts
Simply one heck of a value for the money.

I was looking at 2012 to 2015 Highlanders. All had 60k to 80k miles. Lucky to even find an AWD for under $25k. All were out of warranty. All had scratches... dings... and touch up paint up the gazoo. Nobody wanted to talk extended warranty up front stressing that was the “back end” job of finance. The sales reps knew nothing about them other than making the sale and getting their commission.

I started looking at Kia Sorentos out of curiosity. Saw 2017 Kia Sorento LX CPO’s with V6 and AWD on cargurus.com with less than 15k miles selling for around $21k with years of factory comprehensive and powertrain warranty left. I made an appointment with the local Kia dealership simply out of curiosity. The sales rep knew everything about the Sorento. Spent 30 minutes just explaining the basic features. I drove it and was 100% impressed. I negotiated in probably the least pressure setting I’ve ever bought a vehicle in. The entire buying process was near perfect and I got a 2017 Sorento CPO V6 AWD with 11k miles for below market value due to an unbelievable trade offer. Everything just came together buying it from the local dealer at an awesome price I never actually thought they would agree to.

I never pictured myself buying a Kia. The dealership TV commercials were “corny” and it was hard to take them serious... but after walking in and experiencing them in person I was thoroughly impressed and had no problems making the decision.

A big “shout out” to Roper Kia in Joplin, MO for just an awesome buying experience. They know how to welcome folks into the Kia family!

·
Registered
2015 FORTE KOUP SX, 2007 FRONTIER LE, 2007 YAMAHA FZ6
7 Posts
2015 forte koup

After a 60 mile per day commute in a 92 S-10 Blazer V-6 getting 12-14MPG, I decided I needed another 4-cyl as my 93 Sentra 2dr had passed on. My 2007 Frontier was almost as efficient as my dad's Caddy at 16-18MPG city driving, so I settled on the Forte Koup as KIA/Hyundai were the last two automakers to offer a 2dr vehicle (just can't handle a 4dr) that was not a high priced sports car. So far, it's a great drive.

·
Registered
2011 KIA Soul+ Alien Green
6 Posts
All started with the hamsters driving around in the Soul that first attracted me to KIAs so when the time came to get my own car I started doing the research about any car I saw on a auto dealer web site so when my mom told me this place in Bullhead City Arizona had a 2011 Soul+ I immediately thought of hamsters. Wasn't until I did more research and saw they are very well made and will last forever as long as taken care of also so many positive reviews helped seal the deal. When I went down there to look at it for the first time and saw what I call the butt antenna along with the alien green color I was sold. It is a great little car and gets great gas mileage I will never buy another car again my alien, what I call mine, is my dram forever car.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts