Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a little difficult to choose just one of the answers above. I voted on the price. The price was right. If I had gone with another make of car I would have spent alot more $$$$$$.

·
Registered
2008 VW Tiguan (sold my Sorento)
355 Posts
Yep, overall it's the price, the warranty and the looks are great but in the end it's "bang for your buck".

Cheers

Derek

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Must agree.. you get alot more for the price than alot of other companies. And the warranty is great as well! All in all, I'm happy with the buy! :57:

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
I voted price. Before the Sorento, my wife wanted a Mitsubishi Montero. **** NO! We've had the Sorento for 2 years (20K miles) and haven't had any problems other than the clock going out. I've had my Mitsubishi Diamante for 3.5 years (41K miles, and this is the third one owned) and have had a few major problems with it that the stealership and Mitsubishi would not fix. I would have bought another Mitsubishi, but they blew that by not honoring their own warranty. I know the ropes and I know what should have happened.

It's kind of funny, you go into the Sorento/Amanti/Optima forums and everyone is happy about their purchase. You go into the Sedona/Rio forum and it's one big room of people yelling out complaints. Most of the complaints, to me, seem like more of a problem with the dealers than Kia. My Mitsubishi problem started at the dealer level and went up from there. I like the cars, and I think that overall they are good vehicles, but since the service was so bad, I'll never own another one.

The Kia dealerships around here have bent over backwards to please their customers, and I think that says a lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a micra for a short time. First car I have ever had of my own. Usually drive my husbands. For some reason I hankered for a red car. My micra was blue. Next door neighbour bought a red picanto l.0litre and I really liked it. I got a good price on my micra which had a lot of extras on it and so went for a red lx model. Good price with many extras. The only differences between the micra and the picanto was I lost the alloy wheels and parking censors. Still you can't have it all. At least I got the colour right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I loved the looks of the Spectra SX , and the warranty that came with it, but i trust consumer reports. They gave it a great rating. But safety , safety , safety six standard aibags, so i guess all three, cause i got mine for a steal..brand new 13,000

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
716 Posts
Having worked for Nissan Corp for many years, I know the internal workings of auto companies fairly well. I also know many at Nissan said it was only a matter of time before Kia and Hyundai would have truly quality cars. When I purchased my 02 Optima LX V6 plenty of workers wanted to drive it and not a one found any serious problems with it. Most were rather surprised by the quality fit and finish and when I told them the price, their jaws dropped to the floor. Nissan move over. I purchased the Optima after much research, driving and getting the right PRICE!!! I never tire of the beauty I have found in my car, too.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Originally posted by Schnauzer@Oct 9 2005, 10:35 PM
Having worked for Nissan Corp for many years, I know the internal workings of auto companies fairly well. I also know many at Nissan said it was only a matter of time before Kia and Hyundai would have truly quality cars. When I purchased my 02 Optima LX V6 plenty of workers wanted to drive it and not a one found any serious problems with it. Most were rather surprised by the quality fit and finish and when I told them the price, their jaws dropped tot he floor. Nissan move over. I purchased the Optima after much research, driving and getting the right PRICE!!! I never tire of the beauty I have found in my car, too.
NICE!!! Now that's an awesome story! I for one am STILL Happy with my LX! And to add.. as for Nissan (LOVE THE SKYLINE!!!!) my grandmother on my father's side... her family OWNS part of Nissan.. if not all.. heh.. just wanted to mention..

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage
84 Posts
I bought it because of the warranty. Also, becasue they have awesome financing and they helped me with everything with a finance package because I needed a new car right away for my new job since I have to commute. It looks good as well.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia
93 Posts
I got mine because of the price and how great it is on gas. Plus it was a 5 spd and I enjoy driving a stick shift than an automatic.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra5
76 Posts
I also worked for Nissan/Infiniti for a while at NNA in Gardena.
I have to say I bought my Kia mostly because of the warranty. Hyundai was one of the first to offer the 10/100 and it is fast becoming the industry standard.
The EPA 34mpg didnt hurt either, LOL.
While working at Tech-line I have to admit I wasnt always impressed with the customer service I observed.
Cant say that about Hyundai & Kia ! Thier customer service is ranked very high. My experience with the Kia & Hyundai Tech-line has been very positive.
Customer satisfaction is driving the bus and people love it !!
It's exceptionally nice when a company listens to it's customers and the customers respond by purchasing more of thier cars !

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,128 Posts
i really dont know why. I actaully wish I hadnt becasue now on my 99 sephia just barely owning the dam thing after 5 yrs its worth less than 1000 bucks.... actual kbb price 600 bucks.. I parted it out for more than it was worth for goodness sakes.... what other car do you have to do that with to get some money back you put in it???? none all the other makes still hold a little value..
**** the 1999 jeep cherokee my wife and I inherited is still worth 10,000 while my 1999 kia is worth 600 bucks..... Thats funny...
sure good price when you buy but you better expect to keep that car forever or get nothing back for it....
Ill never buy another kia unless they can get the resale value to actually be worth something 5 years later.....

And for some dumb reason I bought a 2nd kia. this time I bought a spectra and this car has more problems than any other car Ive ever seen... fix one thing and another goes wrong and it has just over 40K on it. Ive since I bought it 6 months ago dumped at least 2k into repairs....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well it wasn’t the gas mileage that’s for **** sure! Mainly I like the look of my Sorento plus it offers a lot of safety since it is built pretty solid. Oh yeah good warranty

·
Registered
2017 Sportage SX AWD
69 Posts
First Warranty, Price a close second then Looks. I figured if the warranty was not being honored then there would be a big stink about it all over the web.

I need a dependable car, hopefully the warranty will be a good indicator.
I get to find out what my local service center is like tomorrow.

Ciao

·
Registered
2002 Kia Magentis
219 Posts
For me...I was comparing the Saturn IOn to my magentis. I played the dealers against one another and came away with a sweet deal on the Kia.

The Saturn drove like a tin can though and felt *cheap* whereas my Magentis felt *Rich*. :460:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think for me all the above. The price isn't bad considering after looking at ALOT of different cars and the warranty works for me as long as you do your maintence and I like the looks of the spectra 5 it's a fun car to drive.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia
26 Posts
Well ya see.... I had a light blue 1987 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham and damn was she pretty. But I had to sell her cuz she ate all my money (gas wise). So I sold it for a thousand or so and the momma offered $500 for her KIA and I bought it. I wasn't too happy about driving this KIA, but as I started puttin some sound in it (new speakers, woofers, stereo) and I slowly became one with my KIA. w00t.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts