Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a roof rack for my Rio5 and have looked online a lot now. The only ones that seem to fit are Rhino Rack and Rola. The Rola is cheaper, 5 min install, nicer looking (imo) and easily removable. So I'm leaning this way.

Plus I found a cheap place to order from... only $188US - and free shipping (even to Canada... yay). Here's the link (the website sure doesn't instill much confidence though... nasty design)

But does anyone have anything else to suggest?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. From photos I've seen elsewhere, I believe Rola might actually be the manufacturer of the OEM roof rack.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have they arrived? Can you please give us a review and maybe some photos of how it looks? :)

Cheers.
I can send phone pics if you text me (503)440-1960

Installation took me 1.5 hours
Noticed in the door sills, a little indentation, that was right where the measurements in the instructions for installing the rack lined up, so I used them.

The construction is good. Don't try to peel the sticker off :mad:

Hope I can find a bike adapter that will attach to the Rola rack.

A little wind noise is generated from the rack at 55 mph.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1.5 Hours? :eek:

I'm about to order the same one. But the description for the 59712 Rola rack says "easy 5 minute install". Not trying to insinuate anything whatsoever with this, but did you happen to run into problems? :huh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
No problems. There is some assembly required, and before that, reading and interpreting the assembly instructions.
"5 minute install" is a sales technique.

·
Registered
2012 Hyundai Sonata, 2013 Rio EX
18 Posts
I see alot of Thule stuff posted on craigs list. Wonder if I can piece a kit together. Would really like to get one of those Fairings. Would look great on our little hatches!

found this nice pic looking for ideas...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts