Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new tyre and in the past I have bought Hankook for different vehicles. I seem to remember that I read somewhere that Hankook are no good for Sedonas. Anybody got any advice please as to good tyres for a Sedona and also those to avoid thanks.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Jackamanfan,

Time 7.15pm, Sunday just over an hour to go, 4 x orignals on E-bay £65-00
Tyre Size are 215 / 65 R15, Wheel Size are 15 inch. Fitment is 5 x 114 Offset 35 to 42
Seacam

·
Registered
2007 Grand Carnival EX, 2012 Rio Si 5 Door Hatch
21 Posts
I have had a set of Toyo tranpath 215/65 R15 for about 15,000km and I have been quite impressed with them. I used to run Yokahamas on my Ford Falcon and they were a very good tyre but the did wear fairly quickly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have an 04 Sedona 2.9CRDi and it came with Hankook tyres ! The fronts look like they might just about make 20,000 miles, the rears are fine. I do quite a bit of my mileage on the motorway though so you might get less if you do a lot of town driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Funny, I just read the question on here about tires yesturday and my wife called me to say she just had a tire blow out on her Sedona. Only 24,000 miles on the tires. I believe they are originals, Kumho tires. Anyway, replaced them with Kelly Arizonian 70,000 mile tire. What a difference in ride. Like night and day from the Kumho tires.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just done the front tyres on my 22k crdi - I knew they were low but when they came off there was a small canvas patch on the inners............ anyway £ 140 lighter and theres 2 new Goodyear gt2's on it - will let you know how I get on with them :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought some Yokohama A539's for mine about 6 months ago and am impressed with them, nice big block tread with nice deep grooves for clearing the water. Yoko's are traditionally a softer compound so Im curious to see how long they last given the weight of the car. I also run mine at 38 psi which seems to improve cornering stability.

·
Registered
'09 Kia Carnival, '10 Kia Grand Carnival
243 Posts
We're still on the original Kuhmos (who make GOOD 4WD tyres, as do Hankook) & they seem fine, but finances allowing, when it comes time for newies they'll be (in order of preference): Bridgestones, Michelins, Goodyear, Toyo or Dunlops. Never liked Yokos, very soft & wear out quickly. The key to good tyre mileage is ROTATION. Especially Front-Wheel-Drives. Rotate them every 10 000 km & they'll last much longer. I'd get an extra 10 000 km out of my van tyres that way. Also, if you can afford bigger tyres, they'll last longer. Example: I fitted my Falcon Panelvan with 235/60/14 Toyos & under hard, Courier-Driving conditions got 70 000 km out of them - twice! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts