Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just messing around with my new car and was going thru some of the front display's functions and I came across three MPG info display. Why are all three giving me a different MPG readout and which one do I believe?

There is Fuel Economy, Accumulated Info and Drive Info. Drive Info shows the highest MPG and Fuel Economy the lowest. What's up with this? I have attached some photos.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
in mine I only have 1 avg MPG (displaying in L/100) and it usually says 1 or 2 litres less than what I actually use.

For city and commutes it can easily show 15L/100 and more, actually 15l/100 is 15mpg, but when I calculate it at the pumps it could be 17, easily (closer to 14mpg)

I think it might be the same in every sedona, KIA must want people who test drive it to go wow about the MPG.

The upside is I find there is also a margin of error on highways, wherein, it may say 9.5L/100km (bout25 mpg) when it can be closer to 27.5 and more mpg when I fill the gas... (8.5L/100km)

The best MPG number should always be when you fill up till it stops and stop filling at this point. divide the total number of gallons by the total amount of miles driven.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
1,886 Posts
GEE, I thought even from the pictures posted that all was pretty SELF EXPLANATORY. If you still don't understand...try reading the owners book, it will tell you what each reading does.

And each of the three WILL be different as they are tracking 3 different driving scenarios

·
Registered
2016 Sedona SX
98 Posts
First picture is your current trip (since you started the vehicle). Second picture is the "Trip" counter, showing 211 miles. You can reset the trip counter if you want to keep track of driving time and fuel economy for a road trip or something. Third one is average fuel economy since you last hit "Reset" from that screen. if you haven't ever held "OK" to reset the average, then it's likely the lifetime average of the vehicle.

·
Registered
'16 Sedona SX, '09 Genesis
148 Posts
I too thought they are all pretty much self-explanatory.

BTW, doesn't the "overall" MPG is automatically reset every time you fill up with gas? Pretty sure mine does.

In any case, none of them are 100% accurate. At the last fill-up, my dash display showed 23.9MPG for the duration (298 miles), but the actual MPG (manually calculated based on gallons pumped) was around 21.8 MPG. The dash displays are good for a general trend. If you want to know the actual MPG, reset your trip meter at every fill up and calculate yourself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GEE, I thought even from the pictures posted that all was pretty SELF EXPLANATORY. If you still don't understand...try reading the owners book, it will tell you what each reading does.

And each of the three WILL be different as they are tracking 3 different driving scenarios
GEE well I'm sorry for not being an expert like yourself :) I'm no expert at these type of stuff whatsoever, the different read outs and stuff and to be honest I never cared about it nor looked into such things and my 2007 Toyota Sienna doesn't have none of these advanced panels and built-in measurement nonsense.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
1,886 Posts
GEE, aren't modern cars sooo wonderful?????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts