Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wer can i find good dealers who actually stick to their word and deliver your vehicle on time? lke those who would do everything to give u the picanto u want.... thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello. try Wheels, Inc. my sister got her picanto a month after she ordered it...as they promised. Good dealers. this is near libis area, i believe.
I got mine from SIGNET, terrible dealers. :angry: it took me three months to get my unit when they promised 2 weeks to one month only. frustrating!!! just be careful...sometimes the agents jack up the price for their benefit. and don't buy from SIGNET!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i know... i went to signet mandaluyong... the sales officer told me "tatapatin na kita, pag hindi mo kinuha yung 20% down na 4 years to pay at pag tinawaran mo yung insurance, chattel, etc., 90% sure kami na di namin kayo bibigyan ng unit. what the hell is that? its not first come first serve already but whos gonna give them the best deal..

i think i might have to stick with wheels sa e. rod... they have better deals pa, kaya lang u have u pay additional 40T for the dress up.. they do not have bare models daw e. fine with me, at least u get the body color and other features... may i ask for the name of ur dealer in wheels?

thanks alot for ur reply..

·
Registered
5 Posts
My mom reserved a picanto for me last Jan 6 at Delta Motors Marikina.

Hope it arrives as soon as promised.

I'm in the market for a second hand AE92 (corolla) but Mom insisted on a Bnew car. We considered the Jazz but the high maintenance and price tag makes me go for the picanto. Im really excited for it to arrive since there is one on the neighborhood already. This will be my first car so i have high hopes on it. Im abit disappointed that we have a bare model Picanto here. But for the price it would be asking for too much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by jeffrey@Jan 8 2005, 10:00 AM
My mom reserved a picanto for me last Jan 6 at Delta Motors Marikina.

Hope it arrives as soon as promised.

I'm in the market for a second hand AE92 (corolla) but Mom insisted on a Bnew car. We considered the Jazz but the high maintenance and price tag makes me go for the picanto. Im really excited for it to arrive since there is one on the neighborhood already. This will be my first car so i have high hopes on it. Im abit disappointed that we have a bare model Picanto here. But for the price it would be asking for too much.

how many days did they promised to deliver your picanto? ilang % ang downpayemnt

·
Registered
5 Posts
We haven't pay the downpayment yet, only 2000 reservation fee.

They say we might get it at the end of this month or feb

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by jeffrey@Jan 9 2005, 02:00 AM
I'm in the market for a second hand AE92 (corolla) but Mom insisted on a Bnew car.
Ala bang AE86 hehehehe..I'll get it anytime basta ba in good working condition eh....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by jgotangco@Jan 9 2005, 10:29 PM
Ala bang AE86 hehehehe..I'll get it anytime basta ba in good working condition eh....

Hehe an AE86 is a good project car, so is an AE92. But i don't have any money for it, mom does want to shell out any cash on a second hand car. But for the price of a picanto i can already have an SiR, GSR OR a loaded AE101.

·
Registered
112 Posts
OT

True. Actually, the AE92 is probably the best looking Levin car in my opinion, especially when dressed up properly.

Originally posted by jeffrey@Jan 10 2005, 10:36 AM
Hehe an AE86 is a good project car, so is an AE92. But i don't have any money for it, mom does want to shell out any cash on a second hand car. But for the price of a picanto i can already have an SiR, GSR OR a loaded AE101.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, Signet are terrible. The one in Pasong Tamo will try and get you to finance, feigning concern for your budget, saying it's "easier on your pocket". When I told them I would do in-house financing with my company, they told me that I would get low priority then.

Signet in Mandaluyong went so far as to say that they really won't sell the Sorento unless it's financed. When I asked why, the sales guy actually had the gall to tell me it was because they make more money off of financing. I mean, I know that, but geez, to be so blatant about it.

And whatever happened to first come, first served? The dealerships try to get you to "bid" for a unit by saying they can prioritize you if you buy whatever from them -- insurance, a P25k grille, blah blah.

Have been waiting since December for my CRDi; already gave up on Pasong Tamo dealers because I don't appreciate their attitude. I had already reserved one unit, and still they made me bid for it, and finally sold it to someone else. It annoys me now though that there's still no final word on the next shipment of CRDi's, and yet the dealers have already announced two price hikes, from 999k (for the manual) to 1.06M, and as of today, 1.12M.

Is there some way of straightening these dealers out? Maybe a consumer protection board or something? Seems to me they're pretty cocky about having such a popular product that they don't really take care of the customers; they probably assume there's always someone willing to buy it at a higher price.

Anybody else get the same bad treatment? Anybody know if some action can be taken against them (never mind the price hike, just the whole "bidding" deal, or the de-prioritization of cash buyers)?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Go to M3Marti, Quirino Ave. Extension, Paco. Madali silang kausap. They don't even accept reservation fees. Basta approved ka na ng bangko, a unit from the next batch could be yours.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you have the number for the Quirino Avenue one? And the name of someone in particular to talk to from there? What was your experience like with them, I mean, how did that work na walang reservation fees -- first come, first served?

·
Registered
22 Posts
5647635, look for Anton. Kind of like first-come first-served basis. The only drawback nga lang is that meron silang accredited bank which is PSBank. Same goes with the insurance. But the insurance only goes for the first year. Bahala ka na mag-lipat for the second. I'm actually fine with that, as long as I get it fast.

By the way, if you're really going for the Picanto, don't be picky about the colors. If you do, you might end up waiting months to get the color of your choice. Besides, they inform you naman that only these colors will be available for the next batch, then you decide which one. Like yung saken, there was only orange and silver.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi i'm from Cagayan de Oro (CDO) and there is only 1 dealer for KIA here in CDO, Sterling Motors..I almost decided to cancel my picanto reservation 2 weeks ago for loss of patience from waiting and waiting..I was planning to switch to Honda CT but the monthly amortization is way too much for me even for a 50% downpayment..So, i have no choice left but to wait and wait...
Am just wondering why it seems like customers from Manila tend to get their orders much earlier than those who are from the provinces..There seems like a law of inequality applied as far as Picanto distribution is concerned when it comes to provincial customers. :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Can't blame 'em. We live in a culture where the government thinks that the Philippines composes only of Metro Manila and nearby regions. The tail trails the head as people would say. It's so chaotic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have just check BPI today and they told me that they checked some other dealers outside CDO for possible sourcing. They tried Cebu but unfortunately though, there are still a hundred customers waiting for their units to come at Cebu...This is bad planning for the part of KIA as far as picanto production is concerned..Very disappointing indeed! :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe Kia itself didn't expect that many people to believe in the quality of their new car since they're only making a re-entry here in the Phils.

·
Registered
56 Posts
sambagreen -- thanks for the number of Quirino Av. I called Anton and he was in fact very easy to deal with. Out of all the Manila dealers, he was the ONLY one who actually took my name and contact number down and told me exactly what number I was in the waiting line for the Sorento.

The Wheels Inc. (Quezon Av and New Manila) and Signet (Boni and Pasong Tamo) dealers never gave me a direct answer on my position in the list, no matter how much I asked them, I suspect because they wanted the leeway to sell the units to the highest "bidder" -- e.g., whoever is willing to finance, or buy insurance or accessories from them -- instead of in the order reserved.

Case in point, and I have to include this as a warning to all buyers out there, I had my second "bidding" run-in with Signet yesterday and today, this time with Boni (previous one was Pasong Tamo). They called my tita yesterday, because she had reserved a Sorento CRDi, black M/T with them, and they said that one had just been delivered, a new one. My tita told them I would buy it. I contacted them, spoke to the salesman, and put him in touch with my company's purchasing department.

The price they quoted me was P1,120,000, the new SRP. I called up a few friends who have contacts with Kia Philippines, and they found out that there have been no recent shipments. Ergo, the unit being sold was a test unit, and yet they had outright told my tita it was not.

Even when I told our purchasing guy to ask them if it could be bought at the old price because we knew it was the old unit, they insisted on the new SRP. Fine, it's business right, but they stuck to their story that it was a new unit, which was an outright lie.

On top of that, they made it seem like they were now easier to negotiate with, saying they would accept my PO (COD), whereas before they had told me outright they would not sell to me unless I financed (and the salesman actually had the gall to say outright it was because they made more profit on financing; not exactly something a customer wants to be told). Of course they were fine with my PO, they were already making a cool P121,000 over the old price!

Not only that though, they required I get insurance from them. If I did, that would make me the "priority buyer". Exact same MO as Pasong Tamo -- it did not matter that my name (or in this case, my Tita's) was on a list, they would try and wrangle whatever profit they could, and if I wouldn't bite, they would just go and find someone who would.

Which is exactly what happened. When I asked our purchasing guy to call one more time today, to see if they would really not budge on price, they told us that they had sold the unit to someone else, because they had faxed the PO in before us. What the hell? I didn't realize this was a race, especially since they told me to get back to them today, or they would call the next buyer.

When I asked what had happened (I told the guy off, saying he shouldn't have sold it to someone else, since he and I were still negotiating), again, it was just like my Pasong Tamo experience -- the salesman said it wasn't him who sold the unit, but another salesman. What -- don't these guys talk? Doesn't their management overlook the entire process, or is it just a case of letting all salesmen loose, and then whoever gets there first gets the unit, regardless of how many other salesmen have promised their respective buyers a unit?

Either Signet are very poorly managed, or they have very specific instructions to not sell unless they can get absolute top price. Forget about taking care of prospective customers. Highest bidder wins.

Don't buy from Signet. They exemplify the lowest of the low when it comes to business practices.

By the way, if any of you guys out there happen to know the guy who bought the unit today, please tell him that, based on everything I've managed to figure out, that's an old unit, and if they sold it to him as a new, non-test unit, he'd better raise hell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess we all have bad experiences form car dealers (not just kia). My relatives used to operate one (until the crisis hit) so you could say I'm speaking from experience.

From a dealer's point of view, you should remember that they are also at the mercy of their principal (ex. honda, isuzu, toyota, etc.). Prices are dictated by the principal and believe it or not, delaers have very little margin. That's why they try to sell you their financing and insurance packages. The dealers who can sell you at a lower SRP are the ones who have enough money to absorb the margin cut and go for volume.

Business is business. Dealers find ways to survive. Don't get mad, I'm just telling you the reality of the business. Try putiing your feet in their shoes. My relatives tried to please every customer that went in; unfortunately, they lost a lot of money and had to close down because of this. Let's face it, some people just abuse the idea of "customer is always right". I'm not defending them cause I myself had a terrible experience with Honda but try understanding where they come from and maybe what they are doing would seem more logical.

I guess it all boils down to honesty, transparency and customer satisfaction. Choose wisely but remember, the next time you visit a dealer, be reasonable.

·
Registered
112 Posts
not to mention that automobiles is still a niche market in our country; not everyone can afford to buy one so that limits the market of the sellers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts