Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 KIA SPORTAGE, 1999 JEEP WRANGLER, 2011 NISSAN VERSA
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change an oxygen sensor on the 2nd bank. But can't figure out which is bank 1 or bank 2.
The accessory drives are near the RH fender, and if they followed convention, that would put bank 1 at the front of the vehicle.
On the other hand, it looks like the water connections are near the LH fender, which might reverse things.

If you've rebuilt one of these, you should know where cylinder #1 is located.

If anyone knows for sure, I'd like to hear from you.

Thank you

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage EX 2.7L
49 Posts
Just glanced at the manual and the diagram I have makes me think the front of the engine would be bank 1. Not 100% on that though. The only thing to go by is the exhaust orientation on the diagram.

·
Registered
2010 KIA SPORTAGE, 1999 JEEP WRANGLER, 2011 NISSAN VERSA
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just glanced at the manual and the diagram I have makes me think the front of the engine would be bank 1. Not 100% on that though. The only thing to go by is the exhaust orientation on the diagram.
Thank you, you've made me think about this more, and now I really feel dumb.
I should have just noted which end of the engine the tranny takes off from, that ought to be the rear. Also, I've bought the oxygen sensor that was indicated on the tester, and the two position two sensors have different hookups and lengths.One has plastic clips, the other has none. All I have to do is compare.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts