Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. Waiting on my 2013 delivery this month. Never thought to look, but on the 2012+ Rio5, where is the rear turn signal located? In the long horizontal red strip in the lower bumper (like I see on some Kia SUVs) or is it in the rear light assembly?

Is the lower strip functional or just reflectors?

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Turns are on the tail light assembly.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
as above, the colours in the lower rear bar are reflectors, and the indicators are in the tail lights. Here's a pic to help you. Mind you this is Australian spec, but i'm pretty sure they're universally the same on this car.

NOTE: this is from my SLS which is a 3 door version of your SX over there, and has the combo LED lights. The lower spec cars don't have combo LEDS.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for the info. I saw some kind of Kia with its lower strip lit up and it got me wondering...

and I've been waiting now for 12 weeks for a Rio5 since I signed papers. Waiting is getting old.

Really appreciate the effort OZ.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Daddy-O
Perhaps you saw one with rear fog lights?
LOL I wish. No, I saw a lower strip light up an I thought "Wow!" and then I thought "How useless is that?" and then I check the badge and it was a Kia I think. I could be confusing it with a Toyota oval badge too. It was at a distance.

Al in the flash of an instant.

All that matters is the Rio does have a nice rear light assembly and the lower strip is NOT the turn or stop light.

I'll keep my eyes open but Kias around here are scarce. They deliver them to where theres money first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts